Saturday, April 04, 2015

Remembering the baby Doves

I like where I am living now hidden from brewing storms of societies' harm, but my roots extend everywhere, my branches are lofty thrusting out high above feeding off the brilliant sun to bear the weight of leaves and fruit which provides a blanket of warmth and a bit of shade for the Earth below.
~RD


We just got back Home after being away for about a month. Cassie stayed in Tucson with Mark and Paula while I took Greyhound buses to Tampa Florida to see Friends there. It feels mighty good to be back home in good old Joshua Tree California!
'We just got back Home after being away for about a month. Cassie stayed in Tucson with   Mark and Paula while I took Greyhound buses to Tampa Florida to see Family there. It feels mighty good to be back home in good old Joshua Tree California!'



Seems when I am gone the Doves take over..
'Seems when I am gone the Doves take over <3'




The two baby doves are growing up fast.
'The two baby doves are growing up fast :)'




And getting bigger :)
'And getting bigger :)'




I saw them flapping their wings this morning. I will have Cassie in the kennel when outside and have her on a leash and supervised until baby doves gain their strength to fly away....
'I saw them flapping their wings this morning. I will have Cassie in the kennel when outside and have her on a leash and supervised until baby doves gain their strength to fly away....'




I noticed when I came home last night that one of the baby birds had left the nest. It was very windy and cold so I decided to take the one baby left by itself into my house, nest and all, where it could be warm. I went looking for the other baby and heard it tweeting and looked all around on the ground but finally found it with one of its parents perched high overhead on a beam of the patio keeping it warm. In the morning I took the nest back outside, the baby climbed onto my offered finger and I put it back in the nest. Then I heard the other one tweeting at me from a railing of the patio and it also climbed on my finger and I placed it back onto the nest with its sibling.
'I noticed when I came home last night that one of the baby birds had left the nest. It was very windy and cold so I decided to take the one baby left by itself into my house, nest and all, where it could be warm. I went looking for the other baby and heard it tweeting and looked all around on the ground but finally found it with one of its parents perched high overhead on a beam of the patio keeping it warm. In the morning I took the nest back outside, the baby climbed onto my offered finger and I put it back in the nest. Then I heard the other one tweeting at me from a railing of the patio and it also climbed on my finger and I placed it back onto the nest with its sibling.'



I am an empty-nester now...

'I am an empty-nester now :'('

No comments:

Post a Comment