Friday, April 29, 2005

My Southbay Vacation

I just got back from a mini-vacation to the South Bay where I took care of my friend’s, Jeanne Kula and Tom Merritt, cats at their nice home located on the hillside of a canyon in Palos Verdes. I visited some old friends and old haunts while I was there. A lot has changed since I’ve visited some 5 years ago: more people, more cars, and more buildings.
I had parked by the ocean to watch the sunset, but when I prepared to leave my truck wouldn’t start. I called a towing service for a jump. In a while a tow rig arrived and a beautiful Goth lady stepped out of the cab and gave me a jump. I said to her,’ pardon me but I don’t want to sound sexist but I’ve never seen a women tow truck driver before.’
It was nice to git away for a while and git a new perspective on things. As I returned to the High Desert I smelled the distinct fragrance of the Grease Woods on a rainy day and I knew I was coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment