Sunday, June 28, 2020

April 2020

April 2020



We've been having lots of rain this past month and should have plenty of flowers blooming soon. It is getting very green up here. I've been doing well, staying home mostly due to the pandemic and all that. I do my mile jog with my dog and weight bench almost every day except when the weather is bad. Writing and editing my books... stuff like that. Seems like there's not enough time in the day to get all these done. My neighbor Kjtel and I have been going out at 8 pm every night banging on pots and howling, I still don’t know why but she said it’s a good thing.

Wednesday 01- 84/53F clouds. Exercised on the weight bench. My hip hurt so I didn’t jog but took Cassie for her walks.
I did all my studies.

Thursday 02- 75/49F sunny day. I did my stretches, but I slept on my left side causing my hip to be very painful, so I didn’t do any other exercising. I will go back to sleeping on my right side.

Friday 03- 79/57F a tiny bit breezy but nice. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged a mile with Cassie.
I did my laundry and some chores around the house.
I practiced my guitar.

Saturday 04- 78/50F sunny with late afternoon winds. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, and jogged a mile with Cassie. I did the poop patrol.
I did my afternoon exercises and took Cassie for a long walk. 
I rode my scooter to my mailbox that was mighty full.
I did my studies throughout the day.
Cassie and I went for a night run up the hill and back. I did my sorta-kinda nightly exercises.

Sunday 05- 74/49F I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5  miles with Cassie. 
I did all my studies throughout the day.
I did my afternoon exercises and took Cassie for a walk.
I did my evening stretches.
I finally finished re-editing and updating "Upon Ashen Roads: Betrayal and Resurrection," and will now wait a few days before I advertise and promote the book.

Monday 06- I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5  miles with Cassie. 
I did all my studies throughout the day.
I did my afternoon exercises and took Cassie for a walk.
I did my evening stretches.

Tuesday 07- 58/35F rained all day long. I got up at an ungodly hour of 8 AM to take Cassie for a mile run and do my exercises before the rain came down... must of timed it just right because it started raining when we were all finished.
I did all my studies throughout the day.
I made myself popcorn and hot chocolate tonight... going to kick back and watch a movie

Wednesday 08- 52/40F rained even harder during the night and into late morning creating Lake Lucille. I did my stretches and that’s about all.
My brother Kevin called and we jawed over an hour catching up.
I did all my studies throughout the day.
Kjtel came over and we took her handmade sailboat and our dogs down to Lake Lucille and did some sailing.

Thursday 09- 57/46F with lots of rain. I did my stretches and cleaned around the house.

Friday 10- 54/43F mostly rain and drizzles all day long. I did my stretches, practiced on my guitar, and did my studies here and there.

Saturday 11- 71/48F sunny. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged one mile with Cassie. 
I jumped on my scooter to check my mail down on Lear Ave. Seems like the postal service is doing what I asked, holding my mail and packages because there was nothing there in the mailbox. 
I did all my studies throughout the day.
I did my afternoon exercises and took Cassie for a walk.
I did my nightly stretches.

Sunday 12- 78/54F breezy with a few clouds. 
I did my stretches. My guest who stays in her trailer on my property cooked up a mighty nice Easter dinner. I got pretty stuffed. We kicked back and watched “Joker” , maybe not the right movie to watch on Easter...

Monday 13- 75/54F a few clouds and windy at times. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged one mile with Cassie. 

Tuesday 14- 72/48F I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged one mile with Cassie. 
Kjtel came by with Bodie for an evening walk.
I did my studies.

Wednesday 15- 88/58F very nice. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged one mile with Cassie. 
I did my studies.
I did my not too nightly stretches... gotta work on that.

Thursday 16- 84/55F very nice. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
I fixed the flat on my truck.
I took Cassie for an evening bike/run.


Friday 17- 79/50F with clouds and wind. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
I did my studies.

Saturday 18- 76/51F and windy! I did my stretches. Messed around all day in the yard doing this and that and other things of unimportance. Took Cassie for her walks.

Sunday 19- 80/55F I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
I took Cassie for an evening bike/run.
I did my nightly stretches.

Monday 20- 80/55F nice breeze. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
I did all my studies throughout the day.
I took Cassie for an evening bike/run.
Went out for a night run up the hill with Cassie and did some exercises.

Tuesday 21- 84/63F windy with scattered clouds. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
My friend and neighbor Jeff brought me food from the USDA food distribution which was mighty welcomed.
I did all my studies throughout the day.
I took Cassie for an evening bike/run.
Went out for a night run up the hill with Cassie and did some exercises.

Wednesday 22- 88/62F windy. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
Took the rest of the day off.

Thursday 23- 89/66F sunny. I needed to brave the outside world and go with mask and gloves in hand down to the post office and pick up my packages they’ve been holding for a month due to the pandemic and my unwillingness to go down there myself. I’d say about 98 percent of the people there had masks on, but me and a few others were wearing gloves. We all stood six feet apart on these little lines of packing tape put down for that reason. It took about half an hour or more for me to get to the counter because there was only one employee trying to do everything. There was some mixup on my packages but it all worked out okay as I kept asking, “There should be more” and there was when he went back and brought out more of my packages. I thanked him. I told the people in line behind me I was sorry to have made them wait, they understood, some even made jokes about the post office as I walked out the door.

Friday 24- 93/65F getting dang hot out here. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
I swept the floor of the entire house. Took out the small carpet I use in the living room and washed it down. I watered most of the plants outside. I took pics of all the flowers a FB friend asked me to do. I started digging out the hole for the 300 gallon tub.
I did all my studies throughout the day.

Saturday 25- 97/66F I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
Did some cleaning around the house moving stuff I’m not using out to my storage trailer.
I did my studies throughout the day.

Sunday 26- 103/72F I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
Continued to dig out a hole for the pool.
Evening dog walk with Kjtel
Listened to Astronomy Cast Lecture Ep. 558: Supernova SN 2006gy
I did my studies.

Monday 27- 96/65F sunny. I did my stretches.
I did my studies throughout the day.
Still digging that hole for the pool.

Tuesday 28- 99/69 sunny. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged 1.5 miles with Cassie. 
I finished digging out the hole for the small pool. I saw what Kjtel did with river rock around her pool and decided to do the same.
Listened to Astronomy Cast Lecture Ep. 559: The Surface of the Sun
Evening walk with Kjtel and Bodie.

Wednesday 29- 101/70F cloudy in the late afternoon. I did my stretches.

Thursday 30- 96/66F more clouds. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, jogged a mile with Cassie. 


****************** Poems April 2020 ****************
Sometimes I feel like leaving all material possessions behind... those things that tie me down to who I thought and others believed myself to be, and then emerge to raise high the sails, slip these mooring lines that shackle my heart to civilization’s trappings and drift silently into the promising darkness of night’s obscurity to be free to sail the seas again.
~RD

Don’t buy the dream, live it!
~RD

Uncharted 
Yea these be dark times ahead... distant are those uncharted shores we sail... bleak be our dreams we wake in the wee hours before dawn... rise high the waves in turbulent waters... that crest our bow awash and rattle... tall mast down to her sturdy keel. With a lowly bucket to bail icy waters... bringing numbness to fingers and blunting our courage... but we do what we must... we do what we will it to be... to guide our way by stars of night, to navigate these seas of dread and sorrow... to keep our course, our eyes set on the horizon... our lives, our souls, our very being depends on our dogged determination to make it to this journey's end and be free to do it all over again.
~RD

*********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment