Tuesday, February 01, 2011

February 2011

Welcome to the Month of February- I did my stretches and yoga, ran a mile, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 31 to 55 degrees, SW winds at 14 to 24 MPH, humidity around 32 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 45. North northwest wind between 7 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Wednesday Night: Clear, with a low around 27. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
I gathered my trash to take over to Stoney’s dumpster and then dropped by Gerald’s to see when he was going to deliver Kelly’s fridge. He said that he’d run it over after 3pm when his wife got home, cool! I thought to ask him if he knew how to replace a head gasket on a Ford, I told him what kind, and he said he’d take a look.
I went over to Mac’s house to help him move some heavy equipment around. We sat around jawing for a long spell and I didn’t get back till 4pm. I stopped off at Kelly’s on my way home to let her know that Gerald would be coming over with her fridge, hopefully.
I finished the first of two novels in “Bipohl” (1984) by Frederik Pohl, called “The Age of the Pussyfoot” which was actually published in the late 196os. Very interesting his predictions for the 25th century; many are here now!
I did my stretches and lifted dumbbells, practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Wednesday 02- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 27 to 45 degrees, NNW winds at 7 to 22 MPH, humidity around 10 percent, very clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 50. North northwest wind between 5 and 9 mph. Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31. West northwest wind around 9 mph.
Mac came by on his way to WalMart to drop off the laptop I had lent him. He asked me if I wanted to tag along and I said sure! We did our shopping and picked up some chicken at Staters and two cups of coffee at AM PM at the Arco gas station; I got the English Toffee Coffee which was pretty dang good! We got to my house to eat the chicken, drink our coffees and yakked for a long spell having a grand old time.
I talked with Kevin after Mac left. He is doing better now that he has his mind made up on which direction he will be taking.
I spent the rest of the evening talking to Kelly on Skype while sitting on the couch warmed by the wood stove typing out this blog and doing other little things that one does on cold nights as she did much the same. The temperature at 11:30 was 26 degrees when I went outside to get some more wood for the stove; burr!
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Thursday 03- I did my stretches and yoga, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 17 to 44 degrees, NNW winds at 5 to 9 MPH, humidity around 15 percent, very clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Friday: Sunny, with a high near 60. North northwest wind between 8 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 43. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.
I dropped by Mr. X’s house to see what’s up with the fridge for Kelly but he wasn’t there, so I told his wife I’d be back later; had to be real quiet because of the baby sleeping. I then went over to Mac’s to help him move some buckets of paint out of his truck and into the shed and helped him with his computer for a spell. I dropped back over to Mr. X’s and he said he’d have fridge to Kelly’s house tonight after he got his truck gas tank fixed; he called later to say he’d be delayed for a time because he had to go to Yucca for a heater.
Dana called and said he’d be over after 11am tomorrow to pick me up and have a look-see at Kelly’s car, cool!
I read a few chapters of the 2nd novel in “Bipohl” (1984) by Frederik Pohl.
I yakked at Kelly on Skype later in the night and she said that Mr. X never showed, dang!
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Friday 04- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 43 to 65 degrees, NW winds at 7 to 10 MPH, humidity around 16 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 69. Northwest wind between 8 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.
Dana came over at 11am to pick me up and have a look-see at Kelly’s car; just as we suspected a blown head gasket and hopefully nothing else.
I went over to Mac’s to help him move a few more things and start working on the little car he said I could borrow if I wanted; it’d sure be helpful right about now! I tried to open the hood of the little car; Mac said to just pull the release and hit the hood. Well I did that until my hands hurt, spent a half an hour on it pounding away. I then sprayed WD40 into the latch area and it finally opened. I told Mac about my problems on opening the hood and he said that I was suppose to hit the hood on the side where it’s dented not the front; now he tells me, sucker!
I updated the Copper Mountain Mesa Website with Annelies column, did a few changes to reflect that she is now writing the column. I will have to think of a way to modify the website so she can update it herself, maybe not on the website but through a blog or something, like I said I got to do some heavy thinking on this. But I’m not going to leave Annelies, the website, the community, or some future writer who comes along high and dry without a way to update it before I make a clean break.
I read a few chapters of the 2nd novel in “Bipohl” (1984) by Frederik Pohl.
I yakked at Kelly on Skype for a short spell.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Saturday 05- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 44 to 69 degrees, NW warm winds at 8 to 15 MPH, humidity around 23 percent, somewhat cloudy skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 67. North northwest wind between 8 and 11 mph. Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.
I called family and friends throughout the day.
I promised Kelly that I’d bring a computer desk over but I had to disassemble it first so I would be able to remove it from the trailer outback. I also had a stereo radio with a CD player to give to her. I drove over to her place and left the whole lot outside because she was sleeping.
I again went over to Mac’s but to work on the little car. When I arrived Mac was telling tales to one of the neighborhood kids. We couldn’t find the registration for the little car; we looked all over inside the car. There was something in the back of my mind but it didn’t surface until I got home and remembered that Mac had sent it to me last year sometime. I found it right away clipped to the wall where I keep stuff that needs to be acted upon. I might have to buy a new battery for the little car but it will well be worth it in the long run.
I yakked at Kelly on Skype for a very short spell.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Sunday 06- I did my stretches and yoga, ran a mile, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 44 to 67 degrees, calm winds, humidity around 26 percent, somewhat cloudy skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Monday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind. Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. West wind between 7 and 11 mph.
I was yakking at Kelly on Skype when she let her dogs outside and noticed that a refrigerator was sitting on the side of the house. She said that it must have been delivered when she heard a truck noise around 6 or 7am. Cool! It was finally there and I completed what I was doing and made my way over to her house to wrangle it inside and plug it in. Which we did, but it didn’t work. Kelly will plug it in after she goes to town with Ron tomorrow just in case it was transported on its side and needs to settle. While I was there I put together the computer desk, hooked up the stereo, and ran a hose to the water heater to the washing machine. I’m kinda bummed about the refrigerator but hopefully it will miraculously decide to work tomorrow.
When I got home I reloaded Windows XP on the Toshiba laptop I lent to Mac. Now all I have to do is the updates on it.
I read a few chapters of “Bipohl” (1984) by Frederik Pohl.
I did my stretches and lifted dumbbells, practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Monday 07- I did my stretches. I think I sprained my back getting that dang refrigerator into Kelly’s house yesterday. So I’m going to lay off on doing any exercising for a few days until my back feels better; I got to remind myself that I’m not nineteen anymore.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 48 to 69 degrees, mostly calm winds, humidity around 23 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 61. Breezy, with a north northwest wind between 22 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 37. North northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
I moseyed on over to Mac’s and we went into town to get a battery for the little car at WalMart. We stopped off at Arco AM-PM to fill up gas can for the Gross Polluter and get some more English Toffee Coffee; my favorite now! I spent the rest of the day over at Mac’s working on little car getting the battery in. We sat in his front yard swapping tales of times gone past; his stories are much better than mine.
I finished reading “Bipohl” (1984) by Frederik Pohl.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Tuesday 08- I did my stretches; back still hurts but getting better!
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 38 to 61 degrees, NW winds at 7 to 22 MPH, humidity around 16 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 59. North northwest wind between 13 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Wednesday Night: Clear, with a low around 36. North northwest wind around 14 mph.
I stopped off at Stoney’s to get a roast that has been defrosting in the fridge for about week and took it over to Mac’s to let him cook it. I don’t know how to cook and Kelly was supposed to cook it but she’s been sick and I didn’t want it to spoil. Mac cooked the roast in this hot air cooking thingy with some potatoes. What came out when it was done wasn’t what I thought it’d be; it was none too good. Kelly was going to put carrots, onions, potatoes, and other vegetables in with the roast and cook it for many hours and that sounded mighty fine; Mac only had it in the cooker thingy for 45 minutes and it was tough and dry. Not what I or Mac expected, but we had fun!
I did some more updates to the Toshiba laptop. For some reason it wouldn’t download the critical updates automatically or manually until I downloaded service pack 3 using Firefox and installed it; I’m not too happy with Microsoft right now!
I yapped with Kelly about everything and nothing for almost 3 hours. She had quit smoking now for one month and I’m mighty proud of her! I have quit chewing the Nicorette gum and have been nicotine free for 6 months ever since my birthday in August 8th. Little by little step by step!!!
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Wednesday 09- I did my stretches; one more rest day and I’m back to it!
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 36 to 58 degrees, NNW winds at 7 to 14 MPH, humidity around 15 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 59. North northwest wind between 11 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 37. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
I got a call from Dana telling me that a few days ago he saw two young women break into a house over yonder by Friendship and Winters Road. Dana gave them pursuit but they got away and he didn’t get a license plate number, dang! It’s a white truck they were driving; keep an eye out for these marauding mistresses so we can put them in jail or get them married off to the lonely old men who frequent these here parts.
Joel came by to pick up the computer for his friend.
Because my back has been hurting I decided to hang around the house today and do maintenance on all my laptops and computers. I had four of them running at once. I removed the SSD drive from one and replaced it with another that I installed Ubuntu Linux on; such fun!
I started reading a new book on the Kindle called “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde; looks to be a good read! The book starts off with Starfighters, laser cannons and rail guns firing at a heavily armed space port.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Thursday 10- I did my stretches and yoga, ran, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 34 to 57 degrees, NNW winds at 12 to 18 with gusts to 30 MPH, humidity around 18 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Friday: Sunny, with a high near 64. North northwest wind around 7 mph. Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Northwest wind between 3 and 8 mph.
I again played around with computers today; on the Asus 701 EEE PC netbook I downloaded and installed a Linux OS called Jolicloud and messed with that most of the day. I really need more time to get to know this new OS to see if I like it, so far it seems interesting. It tries to do most of the applications in the ‘Cloud’- that being Google Docs, reader and stuff like that.
Seimi came by for a short visit. I have him looking around for a refrigerator for Kelly.
I didn’t go for a walk because of the high winds.
I read a few chapters of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Friday 11- I did my stretches and yoga, ran a mile, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 38 to 61 degrees, light breeze, humidity around 13 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph. Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42. Light and variable wind.
I worked on updating the Copper Mountain Mesa Website and sent out the Newsletter. I decided to write a small column on the website that I’ll do maybe once in a great while. I named it “Copper Mountain Mesa Renderings”. I spent most of the day tweaking the website around.
Johnny came by needing help lifting a humungous air tank over at Stoney’s into his truck. The dang thing was mighty heavy but we got it in and drove off.
I read a few chapters of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Saturday 12- I did my stretches and yoga, lifted weights, and did the core trainer, punched the bag some.
I found out that my friend Sherry is in the hospital with pneumonia; I hear that there’s a lot of that going around. She should be out of there by Monday.
Ron called telling me he called up the Hospice Thrift Store in JT and found two refrigerators for sell. I called Kelly and we rushed down there and they had already sold one of them. We bought the other and paid an extra 20 to have it delivered to Kelly’s and hooked up and maybe take the other non-working one; I’m still recovering from wrangling that one which didn’t work into her house.
Mac dropped over to my house and we sat outside and watched the sunset and did a bunch of jawing of this and that and other stuff of great importance.
I called Family and Friends throughout the day.
I read “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde into the wee hours of the night.

Sunday 13- I did my stretches.
I dropped by Kelly’s to give her a Valentines gift and she gave me a Big hug that made me feel very good
I dropped by Mac’s house and helped him hookup a trailer to his truck. I was going to stay and eat some of the pork and potatoes he had in the crock pot but it wasn’t quite done and we weren’t going to take no chances with that!
Again, I read “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde into the wee hours of the night; like 3am! I thought I’d leave Kelly a message on Skype but she was also up and we yakked for another hour. I think I went to bed finally around 4:45am, and that’s mighty late for me!

Monday 14- I did my stretches and yoga, ran a mile, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 45 to 70 degrees, light breeze, humidity around 19 percent, hazy skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 68. Light and variable wind. Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph increasing to between 17 and 20 mph. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
Chris Jonas came by with my bag of groceries from the USDA food distribution.; sounds like he has a cold.
I’ve been worried about my brother Kevin and trying to reach since Thursday night; he was last seen on Friday morning. I got a call telling me he had a seizure and is in the hospital since Saturday night. I’ll have to stick around the house today to see if there are any new developments.
I read more of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde; just started book 3. I don’t have a clue how many books are in this eBook.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Tuesday 15- I did my stretches and ran two miles.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 46 to 66 degrees, light breeze, humidity around 29 percent, somewhat cloudy skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 60. Windy, with a west southwest wind 13 to 16 mph increasing to between 28 and 31 mph. Winds could gust as high as 46 mph. Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 21 to 24 mph decreasing to between 10 and 13 mph. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
Shiela called about Kevin and Paula wrote a nice but concerned email. The last I heard was that he may be getting out of the hospital later today or early tomorrow.
I did some work around the house and then moseyed on over to Mac’s for lunch/dinner. That boy can really cook! He made this chicken with hot peppers thingy in the Crockpot which was mighty delicious; the meat fell off the bones! Then we sat around swapping lies for a few hours- mighty fun time!
I loaded Kubuntu 10.10 onto a thumbdrive; made it bootable, and ran it on a few of my Netbooks. It even ran fine on my Toshiba Satellite M35x laptop, cool! I think I'll try Ubuntu on a thumbdrive next!
I read more of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde. I got my EBook free at Amazon but you can get a free EBook here Smashwords.
I practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Wednesday 16- I did my stretches and yoga; too dang windy to do anything else.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 38 to 62 degrees, SW winds from 13 to 26 with gusts over 45 MPH, humidity around 48 percent, somewhat cloudy skies again.
According to the National Weather Service: “Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 54. West northwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming south southwest. Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind between 6 and 8 mph.
Last night I had a weird vivid dream about diving into a swimming pool. The pool was at our community center that I just had purchased and was living at in a back room there. Folks weren’t supposed to use the pool but when they saw me jump in so did they. Now I really love to swim and I took springboard diving lessons at college but I don’t own the community center and there is no pool there. I only mention this here because it was so vivid.
I did a lot of yapping to folks who called me on the phone: Jimmy, George, Ron, Denny, Joel, and someone else. I had to make an emergency run over to Mac’s for a minute. And I talked to Kelly on Skype for long spells. I guess windy days make for good conversations.
I signed up for two HP online classes doing lessons in each: one for Windows 7 Tune-up and another for Intermediate HTML.
I read more of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde.
I practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Thursday 17- I did my stretches and yoga, ran a mile, lifted weights, did the core trainer (actually did five sloppy chin-ups!), punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 37 to 58 degrees, slight breeze, humidity around 26 percent, clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Friday: A 30 percent chance of rain after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 59. Calm wind becoming south between 14 and 17 mph. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Friday Night: Rain, mainly after 10pm. Low around 44. South wind between 8 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
My friend Kelly is really sick and she asked me to go to Rite Aid to pick up a prescription for her. I drove the Harley and arrived there at around 2pm. The pharmacist said that because of the flu epidemic they wouldn’t have it ready till after 5pm. Flu epidemic, yikes! Just the place I don’t want to be! I left there quickly and went down the road to Burger King to kill three hours. While I kicked back in a booth sipping my coffee a couple in their late 60s came in. Judging from all the camping gear they had on their van I figured correctly that they had been up to the Monument (Joshua Tree National Park). I started a conversation with them. They were from Pennsylvania and told me how they make their way down to these here parts once every four years or so. I told them that I live close by but before I moved out here that I lived on a boat in Redondo. They live on forty acres or so, have well water, and plenty of wood for their stove to keep them warm. They also have two grown sons that live on either side with their own families. We talked about solar panels and batteries. They have a 100watt panel on their van that barely keeps up with their needs. I told them they need the right batteries and that I use golf cart batteries and they serve me good. I never did ask them their names.
After talking with my new friends and drinking more coffee than I wanted; Burger King calls the blend “Seattle’s Best” but I’d call it old and musty, I went over to Stater’s to do some grocery shopping; I took my time because I still had an hour to kill. I can’t carry much on the bike so I have to be very selective on what I buy. I did get eight pieces of fried chicken to share with Kelly when I got back.
I got arrived to Rite Aid at 5pm and they told me it wasn’t ready yet, to sit and wait to be called when it’s done. There is an out cove with chairs, a TV, and an old crazy lady eating ice cream. She started coughing! She looked sick! I decided not to sit there and just stand as far away as I could from her. She’d look at me and cough some more! I moved farther away! I then heard coughing throughout the store! Lots of coughing! I wanted to get the hell out of there and after half an hour asked if Kelly’s prescription was filled yet. Finally after ten more minutes it was done, I signed for it and made my exit to the outside and freedom! If I get sick you’ll know the reason why!
I got to Kelly’s a little after 6pm, ate the chicken with her, she was mighty hungry, and gave the meds to her along with her mail I collected on the way back, got back on my Harley and made my way home at last.
I read more of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Friday 18- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 39 to 61 degrees, slight breeze but picked up to over 25 MPH in the evening, humidity around 48 percent, clear skies but then rain by evening just after the Sun went down.
According to the National Weather Service: “Saturday: Rain, mainly before 4pm. High near 55. Windy, with a south southwest wind 14 to 17 mph increasing to between 29 and 32 mph. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 19 to 22 mph decreasing to between 9 and 12 mph. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph.
I updated the Copper Mountain Mesa Website and sent out the Newsletter.
I mostly kicked back reading this and that doing stuff that needed being done.
It started raining just after sunset really hard and I remembered to put this rain gauge that Mac gave me outside after the worse of it went by, dang. I am sure it will rain some more and fill that sucker up.
I did two more HP online lessons in Windows 7 Tune-up and Intermediate HTML.
I read more of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde.
I did my stretches, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Saturday 19- I did my stretches and yoga, did the core trainer, and punched the bag some.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 35 to 50 degrees, SSW winds at 14 to 17 with gusts over 45 MPH, humidity around 59 percent, clear skies but then rain by evening almost a repeat of yesterday’s weather.
According to the National Weather Service: “Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind between 6 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 31. West wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm.
I mostly called family and friends; lazy day!
Sherry is getting out of the hospital today; she’s been in there for over a whole week now, so this is great news!
I did one HP online lessons of Windows 7 Tune-up and I did the last lesson in Intermediate HTML Class so I’m finished with that one; learned a little CSS in that class, cool.
I read more of “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde.
I did my stretches, practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Sunday 20- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 31 to 52 degrees, NW winds at 6 to 16 with MPH, humidity around 46 percent, mostly clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Washington's Birthday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Calm wind becoming south between 4 and 7 mph. Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. South southwest wind between 5 and 8 mph becoming calm.
My dear friend Ms. Kula called to chat with me. She and Tom should be moving into the beach house on the 1st of March!
I went over to Stoney’s to start his truck and let it run for a while to charge the battery, and also do my laundry. The dang truck’s battery was dead and I had to give it a jump with the Gross Polluter. After getting that done I went around back with my dirty clothes to use the washer but when I turned the corner water was spraying out of a crack in a pipe, dang! About that time Roger Smith came by in his VW and said he’d repair the pipe with a fitting he has. I told him I’d turn off the water after I was done with my washing. I had to call Denny anyways to talk to him about the registration on Stoney’s truck so I told him about the cracked water pipe. After all this I stuck my clothes in the dryer and went over to Mac’s to put the new RAM into his computer, but when I got there I realized that I left it at home and had to drive back to get it while Mac laughed at me, sucker! I was supposed to be at his house at 1:30pm and here it was already 3pm when I gotten back with the RAM. To make a long story short, I got the Ram in, updated his anti-virus, worked on two other laptops his sister recently sent him, ate to small burritos, and got myself back home by 6pm. I forgot to stop at Stoney’s to pick up my clothes out of the dryer; I’ll do that tomorrow.
Ate my pancake Sunday and called Kelly on Skype and talked with her until a little after 10PM.
I read and finished “Origins (Spinward Fringe)” by Randolph Lalonde. I would have to say that this is one of the best Sci-fi books I’ve read for a long spell!!!!!
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web, and called it a night.

Monday 21- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 34 to 56 degrees, light breeze but cold, humidity around 46 percent, mostly clear skies.
I went over to Stoney’s to get my clothes I left in the dryer that I forgot to pick up yesterday.
I completed two more lessons of Windows 7 Tune-up and only have one lesson to complete.
I did some webwork on the computer and then went on Skype to yap with Kelly. She found out that her package came in and was sitting in my mailbox. It was her electronic vapor cigarette stuff that she was running out of and needed it or she might be tempted to smoke the analog ones (regular cigarettes) Dang, it was already 9:30pm and cold outside but she talked me into going down and getting them for her; she can almost talk me into anything. So I bundled up in layers, put on my scarf and leather jacket, hopped on the Harley and drove the twelve miles round trip to my mailbox. She had a nice hot cup of coffee and a warm hug waiting for me when I arrived. We stood around and chatted for a spell.
When I got back home I went online and bought “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph Lalonde at Amazon for my Kindle. I fell asleep reading it around 1am and woke up around 7:30am to write to my journal, posted it to the web.

Tuesday 22- I did my stretches and yoga, ran a mile, lifted weights, did the core trainer, punched the bag some, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 36 to 60 degrees, light breeze but cold, humidity around 44 percent, mostly clear skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. West northwest wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 37. West southwest wind between 9 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
I finished the HP class Windows 7 Tune-up by completing the last lesson.
I made my way over to Mac’s house at 2pm to work on his laptop and to eat some chicken he cooked up. I brought potatoes that we nuked. He uses this device called the Flavor Wave that actually takes all the flavor right out of the chicken; it did it to the roast we cooked in it too! The dang nuked potatoes tasted better. We had a good laugh out of that.
I got back home before sunset to feed the birds, mostly doves, and went for an evening walk.
I got caught up on some of my astronomy reading.
I yapped with Kelly for a spell on Skype. She was jawing about some ingredient that candy companies are putting into chocolate called PGPR (Polyglycerol polyricinoleate) and how it ain’t any good for you; nasty stuff! It doesn’t sound like something I’d want to put in my gut.
I read a few chapters of “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph.
I did my stretches, practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

Wednesday 23- I did my stretches and ran two miles.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 35 to 58 degrees, NW winds at 9 to 14 with gusts up to 23 MPH, humidity around 41 percent, mostly hazy skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Thursday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59. West southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph. Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West southwest wind between 9 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
I did some gardening and yard work and watered some of my aloe veras that grow in containers under the patio roof. I heard there was a good possibility of rain and snow coming Friday and lasting through Sunday night, so I didn’t do much watering.
I started another HP online class called “Building Your First Web Page” and completed the first lesson. I took this class twice or more before and like to do it every few years or so just to keep me in practice. Also after finishing the Intermediate HTML class a few days ago I felt I needed a refresher.
I studied my Latin (flashcards) and loaded the first 21audio lessons on my iPod and listened to them on my evening walk.
I dropped by Mac’s to drop off five cans of tomato sauce, and made a quick stop at Kelly’s to give her some emergency TP.
Gerald called wanting me to come by to show him what he can and cannot junk from Stoney’s yard. I made my way over there and spent half an hour going through stuff Jimmy and I had painted red for Gerald to remove and junk.
I got caught up on my astronomy reading in “365 Starry Nights”.
I read a few chapters of “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph.
I did my stretches and lifted dumbbells, practiced my guitar, wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

Thursday 24- I did my stretches, lifted weights, did the core trainer, and punched the bag some.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 38 to 57 degrees, WSW winds at 5 to 12 MPH, humidity around 54 percent, mostly hazy skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 8 to 11 mph increasing to between 19 and 22 mph. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Friday Night: Rain after 10pm. Low around 41. Windy, with a southwest wind between 24 and 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
My brother Kevin is out of the hospital and seems to be in good spirits and that makes me mighty happy.
Kelly been sick for about two weeks now and needed some supplies from town. I went over to Mac’s to borrow his wee little car and drive it to Staters in 29. I asked Mac if he wanted anything and he said no but wanted to tag along. He ended up buying $80 worth of stuff and we almost couldn’t get it all in the wee little car. We also went to Rite Aid to get Kelly’s prescriptions after she called us at Staters on the store’s phone. We got back to Mac’s and dropped him and his groceries off and then I made my way to Kelly’s where we ate some chicken inside the Gross Polluter (My truck).
I watched a few episodes of “Fringe” and then read a few chapters of “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph Lalonde.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

Friday 25- I did my stretches, yoga, and rode my bike.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 39 to 56 degrees, SW winds at 8 to 24 with gusts up to 47 MPH, humidity around 46 percent, mostly sunny skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Saturday: Rain, mainly before 10am. Snow level 3000 feet lowering to 2400 feet in the afternoon . High near 46. Southwest wind 6 to 9 mph increasing to between 18 and 21 mph. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Saturday Night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. West northwest wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
I worked around the house getting things together for the winter storm that’s supposedly coming tonight. I gave the doves a little extra feed and moved everything under cover of any rain.
I spent a lot of my time yakking to folks on the phone. Like I said a few weeks ago “windy days make for…”- well I forgot what I said a few weeks ago, dang!
I loaded up a newer version of Ubuntu on my Dell Mini 9. Now it’s running 10.10 for netbooks.
I read a few chapters of “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph Lalonde.
I watched a movie on Amazon Prime called “Syriana” (2005) Starring George Clooney and Matt Damon; about dealings of big oil companies, the CIA, and political manipulations of both the US and oil producing countries. The way the movie jumped around made it somewhat hard to follow, but still it was interesting.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

Saturday 26- I did my stretches.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 31 to 51 degrees, SW winds at 6 to 14 with gusts up to 35 MPH, humidity around 57 percent, mostly cloudy skies; no rain, no snow.
According to the National Weather Service: “Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 53. West northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph. Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33. South southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
Well, we were all prepared for the bad winter storm that never materialized and we all had a good laugh over that. When I got to Potluck a little late I told them it was because of the snow drifts. We had over twenty folks showing up! And Annelies showed up to write about it in the newspaper column I used to write. So I know my column is in good hands and she has something to write about. Potluck turned out to be a nice little get together on a cold winter day- even without the predicted snow.
Being Saturday I called Family and Friends.
I put a bunch of wood in the stove and had the house mighty toasty when I got back from potluck.
I read a few chapters of “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph Lalonde.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

Sunday 27- I did my stretches, yoga, and lifted dumbbells.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 33 to 57 degrees, WNW winds at 7 to 10 MPH, humidity around 36 percent, mostly sunny skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Monday: Sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming south southeast between 4 and 7 mph. Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm.
I yakked with some family and friends throughout the day.
I went over to Mac’s for lunch. He made his famous chili-mac that turned out mighty fine. I took two containers full of the stuff and dropped one off to Kelly on my way home. I also brought Mac’s laptop home with me to tune-up.
I watched the newest episode of “Fringe”. Walter grabs Peter as a child from the other side to save his life.
I then watched “Dirty Harry” (1971) starring Clint Eastwood. I’ve seen this a few times before but this was uncut and there were actual nude scenes I never saw before.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

Monday 28- I did my stretches, yoga, lifted weights, did the core trainer, and punched the bag some.
Today’s Weather was: Temps of around 35 to 58 degrees, calm, humidity around 29 percent, mostly sunny skies.
According to the National Weather Service: “Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Calm wind becoming southeast between 4 and 7 mph. Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. South southwest wind around 7 mph.
I needed to pick up all them packages that Kelly had shipped to my mailbox and drove the Harley down them. One of the boxes was too dang big to fit and was left at the post office so I had to venture down yonder to JT and retrieve it. The line was small and I was out of there quick and decided to head over to Big 5 to buy some hang grip doohickeys I use for exercising; I broke the last one yesterday. Well maybe they had them cheaper at WalMart so I moseyed over there but found they weren’t the heavy duty kind and weak when squeezing them. I picked up some chewing gum for me a two chocolate bars for Kelly before heading over to Big 5 where I found what I wanted. At Big 5 they had all kinds of hand grip squeezers and I settled on one that had interchangeable weights: 30, 40, and 50lbs.
I stopped off at Mac’s first so he could measure the Harley for brackets to bolt a sissy bar onto. Then I went over to Kelly’s where I gave her all her darn packages and split one of the chocolate bars with her.
I got back home and called a few friends and then I watched “Soylent Green” (1973) Starring Charlton Heston, Edward G. Robinson and Leigh Taylor-Young. It takes place in 2022 in New York City where it is very hot because of the green house effect, people live in cars and sleep on stairwells, and there isn’t enough food to go around except for the very rich. I saw it when it first came out at the movies; well worth seeing again!
I read a few chapters of “Spinward Fringe: Broadcast 1 and 2” by Randolph Lalonde.
I wrote to my journal, posted it to the web and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment