Friday, October 19, 2018

August 2018




August 2018

Most days in August I have spent editing on my book. I walk my Cassie everyday sometimes more... the fires in in the nearby hills....  I have neglected whole bunches of stuff... like this blog of mine.

Wednesday 01- mostly cloudy 108° | 86°
I did my stretches, yoga, exercised with 10 and 20 lbs dumbbells, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile. The pollutants in the air from the Idyllwild fire is making it hard to breathe. I think I’ll stop the heavy exercises until the air clears. 
I laid in the pool too long and got sunburned.
I fixed a few things around the house.
I went for an evening walk with Cassie, Kjtel, and Bodie her dog. We sat in her yard to watch a magnificent sunset I posted on FaceBook.

Thursday 02- lightning and thunder but little rain. 
I did my stretches.
My MacBook Air’s battery died or won’t charge... bummer, but as long as I leave it connected to AC it still runs. I’m going to look at getting a new battery for it.
Thursday's Game Night! Card games, chess, and I played 4 rounds of pool; we have new pool cues that are straight and true.

Friday 03- Clear 108° | 84°
I did my stretches.
Me and Cassie went over to Kjtel’s to watch the sunset and also watch episode 6 of New York a Documentary. 
I ordered a new battery for my MacBook Air and should arrive on the 8th

Saturday 04- Clear 109° | 84°
I did my stretches. Just too dang hot and still the particulates from the fire in Idyllwild permeate the air for the last week and a half making it hard to do my jogs and weights. 

Sunday 05- Clear 108° | 82°
I did my stretches and exercised inside with the 20lbs dumbbells.

Monday 06- Clear 109° | 77°
I did my stretches.
I gave Linda Harter a ride down to WalMart to get a battery for her turck and then I replaced it for her when we arrived at her house.

Tuesday 07- Clear 109° | 82°
I did my stretches, yoga, exercised with 10 and 20 lbs dumbbells, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile.


Wednesday 08- mostly cloudy 105° | 82°
My Birthday!
I did my stretches and jogged a mile.
Was on FaceBook thanking all the nice friends who posted Happy Birthday to me.
The battery replacement for my MacBook Air was delivered and I took the old one out and put the new one in... no problem. Had it up and running in 20 minutes.
My guest who is staying in my guest trailer took me out to Applebees for my birthday... we got stuffed! I was embarrassed by the waitress and busboys singing Happy Happy Happy Birthday! 
My childhood friend Larry Carlock called to wish me a happy birthday and we yammer on about the crazy things we did when we were young. 20 minutes into the call I smelled heavy smoke. We finished the call an hour later and I went outside to see a heavy layer of ash and smoke from the Holy Fire inundating our area here.

Thursday 09- cloudy 100° | 84°
I did my stretches.
I went to game night at the community center... only three of us showed up.

Friday 10- Thunderstorms 102° | 71°
I did my stretches.
I replaced the hard drive in my 2010 MacBook with a 128GB SSD drive after backing it all up and copying the OS and other files to the SSD.

Saturday 11- Cloudy 104° | 82°
I did my stretches.
I messed around with my computers today and did some extensive rewriting and editing of my book.


Sunday 12- Clear 104° | 82°
I did my stretches.
I drove down to Yucca Valley to do some shopping before I was to be at Space Cowboy Books for the poetry reading. I read two poems and I totally flobbed it up... I need to work on my delivery. Still I had a great time with the wonderful poets there.

Monday 13- Thunderstorms 105° | 79°
I did my stretches, yoga, exercised with 10 and 20 lbs dumbbells, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile.


Tuesday 14- Clear 105° | 79°
I did my stretches and jogged a mile.

Wednesday 15- Thunderstorms 102° | 80°
I did my stretches.
I drove my Chevy Spark down to Palm Springs (some 60 miles away) to get its 6 month service checkup. 

Thursday 16- Thunderstorms! it rained... more like a cloudburst. not too many did... it seemed to let loose in this one little area...
When I first saw the rain it was a white out and I ran to fetch the camera but by that time it had slowed up quite a bit...
I did my stretches.
I drove my truck instead of my car over to the community center for game night because I wasn’t sure if the roads were flooded or not. It seems that the only place that got any rain in our area was where my house is.

Friday 17- Clear 100° | 81°


I did my stretches, core trainer, and went for a mile jog.

Saturday 18- Clear 105° | 82°

I did my stretches, yoga, exercised with 10 and 20 lbs dumbbells, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile.
Me and Cassie walked over to Kjtel’s to watch another episode of the documentary about New York. She made a big salad for us to eat.

Sunday 19- Clear 109° | 84°
I did my stretches and jogged a mile.


Monday 20- Clear 106° | 84°


I did my stretches.
I went to our local CERT meeting at the Sizzler in Yucca Valley tonight. We received our certificate for completing The Standard Emergency Management Course... The Boy Scouts received their CERT Certificates.


Tuesday 21- Clear 105° | 82°
I did my stretches and jogged a mile.

Wednesday 22- Clear 102° | 81°
I did my stretches.
I went down to the San Bernardino county building in Joshua Tree to get my fingerprints taken for my county CERT badge.

Thursday 23- Clear 102° | 75°
I did my stretches and jogged over a mile.

Friday 24- Clear 102° | 72°
I did my stretches and jogged a mile.


Saturday 25- Clear 100° | 73°

I did my stretches, exercised with 10 and 20 lbs dumbbells, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile.
Saturday’s potluck was a 26 mile marathon of yummy delicious culinary delights. Substituting for Dyan was her Sister Elizabeth West jogging up with sticky chicken wings, a green bean casserole, and lemon custard pudding. Jeff narrowly missed the race with a carrot deluxe casserole. John Jacobsen made it to the 15 mile mark with his mac&cheese, followed closely by Mack with his tasty sausage pasta. Chris came bounding towards the finish line with her BQ beans, veggie stew and egg casserole. But it was Yvonne Frances who broke the ribbon crossing the finish line carrying her Zucchini with cheese Supreme Casserole. We all had a fun and wonderful time like we always do yammering and gulping down vast amounts of grub. 

Sunday 26- Clear 102° | 75°
I did my stretches, yoga, exercised with 10 and 20 lbs dumbbells, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile.

Monday 27- Clear 102° | 73°
I did my stretches, yoga, and jogged a little over a little over a mile.

Tuesday 28- Clear 98° | 68°
I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavybag, and jogged a mile.

Wednesday 29- Clear 100° | 73°
I did my stretches and jogged a mile with Cassie... it’s cooling down enough now to take Cassie with me on my morning jogs.

Thursday 30- Clear 102° | 71°
I did my stretches, yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.
I waited for UPS to deliver my new solar panels, the big brown truck came around 2-2:30. I checked all the panels for breakage and voltage... everything was fine.

Friday 31- Clear 102° | 73°
I did my stretches, exercised with the 10 and 20 pound dumbbells, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

I had a nice drive out to the far side of Landers to take photos of her property so she can put it up for sale.


**************** Stuff I wrote this month ****************


You are the Basketball and Life is the Hoop... Take careful aim and Swish through it  ;) 
~RD

Ships that sail out through the night beyond the starry skies, 
unbeknownst what treasures lie, fate thy sorrows cries.
Hold fast and hard ye weary sailormen, hold tight against the storm,
your life depends on skill and chance, to reach thy limits bourn.
To hell with all ye hipicates, be done for evermore.
Be done with all the pettiness, start your journey’s quest
To sail and breathe in the lust for life, to be one with the sea
But beware thy sullen handmaiden gathering threads of time, temptations beyond our sated breath, will bring you down with scorn.
So cast your lines, be free my friend, be free to sail upon the seas
Life be quick, beyond your grasp, in the flowing tides of time.
~RD


I can hear an orchestra from words written like notes on a staff... I see melodies of color vibrate from mouths of poets... the whole universe lit with flames pirouetting through a bright forest of verse and song.
~RD

Doubt, will eventually haunt you
Hate, will track you down
Bigotry, comes a knockin
Conceit, is at the door
Jealousy, seeps up from within
Greed, is all encompassing
Deceit, follows you around
Turn your mind away these vile emotions 
Be done with those who seek worshipers to manipulate
Begin a new paradigm
Create a better you
Learn to love yourself and others
Live in the moment and be at peace my friend
The past belongs only to those who want to live there
The future belongs to those who plan
~RD





******************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment