Sunday, October 06, 2019

September 2019



September 2019


Sunday 01- 112 degrees F with late night rain into Monday morning. 
I went to our community center's Art and Music Festival and there were a lot of desert folks showing up. There were Belly Dancers too!

Monday 02- 102 degrees F. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, hit the heavybag, and jogged a mile.

Tuesday 03- to Tuesday 10- I had a bad case of hay-fever and there was extreme heat alerts for our area, so I decided to stay inside and focus on getting my book edited and editing my other books getting everything ready to put them all on paperback. I did do my stretches and took Cassie for her walks when possible.

Wednesday 11- 98 degrees. I did my stretches, core trainer, jogged a mile with Cassie, weight bench, and punched at the heavybag for a spell.

Thursday 12- 98. I did my stretches and took Cassie for a mile jog.
Bonnie and Larry came for a visit

Friday 13- 106. I did my stretches.
UPS delivered the 12V 200AH Gel Battery. I hooked it up

Saturday 14- 108. Sunday 15- 103F. Not feeling well.

Monday 16- 101 degrees. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, hit the heavybag for a spell, and took Cassie for a mile jog.
I worked on my books.

Tuesday 17- 98 degrees. I did my stretches and took Cassie for a mile jog.
I worked on my books.

Wednesday 18-  97 degrees. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised with the 10&20 pound dumbbells, and took Cassie for a mile jog.

Thursday 19- 99 degrees. I did my stretches. I helped my guest set up her solar system on her trailer. 

Friday 20- 96 degrees. I did my stretches. I continued to help my guest with her solar system. Now she has power and is ready to move onto her own property.

Saturday 21- 93 degrees. I did my stretches and jogged a mile with Cassie.

Sunday 22- 96 degrees with some clouds. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised with the 10&20 pound dumbbells, and took Cassie for a mile jog.

Monday 23- 98F. I did my stretches. It’s Cassie’s birthday and we were going to celebrate, but she was sick during the night and I stayed up with her until 6 AM in the morning. She started feeling better in the evening... what a relief because I was going to take her to the Vet if she wasn’t better. I wasn’t feeling all that great myself.

Tuesday 24- 94 degrees. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised on the weight bench, punched the heavybag, and went on a mile jog with Cassie.
I drove to Stater Bros to pick up some supplies.
I did my evening stretches.

  Wednesday 25- 91F. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised with the 10&20 pound dumbbells, and jogged a mile with Cassie.
I did my evening stretches.

Thursday 26- 87 degrees. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised on the weight bench, punched the heavybag, and went on a mile jog with Cassie.
I did my evening stretches.

Friday 27- 86F. I did my stretches.
I went to our community’s Friday nite BBQ.
I did my evening stretches.

Saturday 28- 88F.  I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised on the weight bench, punched the heavybag, and went on a mile jog with Cassie.
There were about 20 denizens of the desert attending our little community’s potluck. Cal Mayers- fruit plate. Pretty Patti- pulled BBQ pork, Hawian rolls, cheese bread, pear dump dessert. Mary and Amuyah: potato salad. Chris VanNortrick and Mary Kobal- pork beans vegetable pasta and cornbread. Mary Rider- potato salad. Other kindly donated money. 
I’d like to include this quote from Dyan Carroll she sent me by messenger: 
“BBQ Chicken, Reuben casserole, pork in a chili Verde sauce, spinach casserole, cauliflower with cheese sauce, Spanakopita Appetizers, bacon ranch dip with crackers, and last but not least a banana cinnamon trifle. I know it sounds like a lot but, you can’t make any of these dishes for yourself and enjoy them. They all require friends.”
We all had a wonderful time with wonderful friends jawing and chowing down the yummy grub!
I did my evening stretches.

Sunday 29- 84F. I did my stretches, core trainer, jogged a mile with Cassie, situps, and punched at the heavybag for a spell.
I did my evening stretches.

Monday 30- 82F. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised on the weight bench, punched the heavybag, and went on a mile jog with Cassie.
I went for a bike/run with Cassie.
I did my evening stretches.

******************** Poems for September 2019 **************

My successful life I'm still working on and never did care about how others measured me... and my satisfied life will probably never be satisfied; I'm forever searching, endlessly discovering, and always questioning.  

Sometimes we can love too much and are taken for granted
Sometimes we are loved too much and take this for granted
Sometimes we live on the edge
Sometimes we fall off
Sometimes we laugh with friends
Sometimes we cry alone
Sometimes we triumph
Sometimes we fail
Sometimes we move on 
Sometime there will be no more sometimes 
~RD

I might be wise but indifferent 
I have pain from my diligence 
I love by my envy 
I hate by my sorrows
I cry for my loneliness 
I frown at my laziness
I smile for my kindness
I shout at my stupidity
I yawn at my emptiness
I fear for my jealousy 
I laugh at my incompetence
Deranged or inspired
Intrepid or loathsome
I am amused 
~RD


In this world of ours, it's difficult to find the truth...
In this world of ours, the truth may not be what it seems...
In this world of ours, it's hard to hear the voice of truth among the deafening roar of falsehoods...
In this world of ours...
It's best not to lie...  
Because that's the only truth you'll really get to know.
~RD

***************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment