Saturday, May 21, 2022

April 2021


Poems: In a world where everyone believes they are right... Then who is wrong? ~RD

Some people are like tombstones: never moving, never thinking, always sticking to the same old epitaph inscribed on their headstones. ~RD

I have learned over the years I sometimes need to interrupt someone in the middle of their diatribe to get a word in. As a young boy, I was taught interrupting was bad manners but now that I am older I now believe it's bad manners for the other person not to allow my thoughts and experiences into the conversation. ~RD

We live on an island called Earth and it doesn't seem to be doing very well at this time. I just hope it doesn't get any worse.

I'm usually very optimistic about the future but lately what I've seen in the past few months is just too fascist for me. Fear and the division of our people by race and political views are being promoted by those who wag their dirty little disapproving fingers at those who disagree with their ideology and accuse those people of being bigots, fascists, and racists. I fear that those now in power are bringing our country down by weakening our defenses and promoting a strategy of Cancel Culture led by the news media and big tech companies who squelch any agenda but their own. Tampering with the Supreme Court, book banning, and blatant censorship of political speech is just frightening to me. I can only hope people become aware of this bastardizing of our country before it's too late. I probably said too much already. Share if you want... ~RD

Take stock and get grounded. Believing in yourself first and trusting your intuition is the best defense against those who prey on the weak. ~RD

Become the beacon of hope that you are. Shine brightly to thwart off the dark spreading edges of ignorance and be the guiding light for those lost souls trying to find a safe harbor in the rising storm to come. ~RD

Long walks with my dog, watching sunsets, and reminiscing, are growing more essential to my peace of mind than getting mixed up in other people’s messes... ~RD

Pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FPntTmJrF1qM626V6 


April 2021


Thursday 01- 83/55F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a walk. I’m still feeling down from Tuesday’s Covid shot. I’m just going to relax today.

Why don’t we land explorers on Mars like a helicopter and then investigate the planet? First, use a drag chute entering the atmosphere to slow the hell down, and then use the air resistance from the blades to slow down further and then land. Now you have a cool way to roam the planet by air :)


Friday 02- 90/58F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile jog.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.


Saturday 03- 84/58F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile jog.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I did my late-night stretches, worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells, and went for a night up the hill and back with Cassie.


Sunday 04- 95/63F windy. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile jog.

Called my Brother Kevin and chatted for a short while

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.


Monday 05- 92/58F very windy. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, but too dang windy for a jog.

I worked on my new book and I believe I have the first chapter done and most of the editing done.

I did my nightly stretches and workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.


Tuesday 06- 84/57F nice day. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a jog.

I watered the plants because they were looking kinda parched.

I called Amazon and got a refund for the inverter that didn’t power my mini-split.

Kjtel and Bodi came by for a visit and tea. Cassie and I walked them back to their house.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I took Cassie for a night run up the hill and back, then I did my stretches and worked out with the 15lb dumbbells.


Wednesday 07- 92/62 getting hotter! I did my stretches and 100 crunches.

Kjtel has been out raking a trail between our two houses. It’s on BLM land and we’re going to decorate the trail with little things like Lawn Dwarfs... 

UPS Shane dropped off my new basket for my RadRunner eBike. He was early so I was able to get to the post office in 29 and pick up my “DELL INSPIRON Mini 910 8.9" FOR REPAIR: Powers Up Needs RAM + OS + Hard Drive.” I have an SSD Drive, RAM, and OS ready to install.


Thursday 08- 89/58F windy. 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a walk.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

Kjtel and Bodi came by with tea and brownies.

I did my late-night stretches, worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells, and went for a night up the hill and back with Cassie.


Friday 09- 88/58F nice day. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile jog. On our way we bumped into Patti Huges and Dyan Carroll and we chatted for a short while.

I installed the new basket I received on Wednesday for my RadRunner eBike. 

UPS delivered a big box for Kjtel and just to make sure the basket was mounted right I put the package in the back basket and drove the bike over to her home.


Saturday 10- 90/59F a little breezy but nice. I did my stretches and 100 crunches.

I installed the SSD, 1GB of RAM, and loaded up a copy of Windows XP SP3 onto the Dell Mini; works great. I found out that XP runs pretty fast without all the updates Microsoft released over the years XP was still updated. I just don’t go online with it.


Sunday 11- 88/58F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a walk.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

Cassie and I went for a quick visit to Kjtel and Bodi’s home.

I did my late-night stretches, worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells, and we went for a night run.


Monday 12- 89/58F warm with no breeze making the temperature seem hotter. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. Met this guy called Matt who lives near Borland Pass and Grants Pass for the past 3 months now. I think he said it’s his sister’s house.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I did my late-night stretches, worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells, and went for a night run up the hill and back with Cassie.


Tuesday 13- 84/50F I did my stretches and 100 crunches.

Rocky’s Doc appointment 


Wednesday 14- 79/54F the wind came blowing like a cat on steroids an hour before sunset. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a walk.


Thursday 15- 77/52F a nice cool sunny day. I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. 

I took Cassie for a bike/run and checked on a neighbor’s house for them.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I went out to watch the sunset and sat out there until the first star I could see came out from hiding.

I did my late-night stretches and worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells.


Friday 16- 81/56F very nice day. I only did my 100 crunches because Kjtel came by with her dogs, left her hat and sunglasses and I walked them over to her house when I went for a walk with Cassie. I needed a break from exercising anyway :)

I drained the pool and will fix that slow leak that’s been bothering me.


Saturday 17- 79/56F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. 

I took Cassie for a bike/run and visited David for a short spell.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I did my studies.

I did my late-night stretches and worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells.


Sunday 18- 81/55F windy. I only did my stretches and 100 crunches because Kjtel came by early with Bodi and her new dog Henry.


Monday 19- 90/58F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. 

Made LED lights for the Poets Trail to Kjtel and I are building to her house to mine. Her house is about a quarter-mile away.

I took Cassie for a bike/run and visited Kjtel for a bit.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I did my studies.

I did my late-night stretches and worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells.


Tuesday 20- 90/56F a bit breezy but nice. I did my stretches and 100 crunches.

Kjtel package delivery. Poet Trail meetup 

Worked on my Harley’s electrical system.


Wednesday 21- 79/53F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. 

I went to the post office in 29 to pick up a Vintage NEW sealed Palm Zire 21 Handheld Limited edition. I didn’t get it to let it sit in the box. I got it home but the battery was so old it wouldn’t hold a charge. I ordered a new battery from China!

I went to the college for my second covid-19 shot and then I’ll be done with this mess, hopefully. The nurse who gave me the shot was named Spring, I asked if her parents were Hippies.

I knew I would be feeling bad from the 2nd shot so I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells and I did my late-night stretches and worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells.


Thursday 22- 80/57F a little overcast. Because I wasn’t feeling well after the vaccine I only did my stretches and 100 crunches.

Kjtel came by with Bodhi and Henry. Henry is a big dumb dog with such a sad face he makes me laugh but he’s a good doggie Kjtel is taking care of for a friend; she’ll probably end up with him permanently by the way she treats him.


Friday 23- 79/58F nice and clear. I did my stretches and 100 crunches; still feeling a little out of it but better. That second shot really packs quite a wallop.

I went to the post office in Twentynine Palms to get the 220V inverter I hope will power my mini-split.


Saturday 24- 86/55F

I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. 

Kjtel dropped by with Bodhi and Henry for a visit. Me and Cassie walk them back to her house. 

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.


Sunday 25- 82/54F windy all day. I did my stretches and 100 crunches.

Talked to my brother Kevin for a spell.


Monday 26- 67/46F windy with a taste of rain thrown in. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, heavybag, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

Linda came by to chat. She told me she saw bags of trash just down the road. We went to get them but there were too many large bags stuffed full of garbage. We could only fit two of them inside my dumpster.


Tuesday 27- 71/55F wind and a little more rain. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, heavybag, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

UPS delivered my 220V inverter to hopefully power my mini-split. I also received a solar controller and a fan controller. Too late to hook them up today.


Wednesday 28- 84/60F nice clear day. I did my stretches and did 100 crunches.

I hooked up the new 220V inverter to my mini-split and it worked! Finally, I can rest easy and not worry about the installation. The real test will come tomorrow and Friday when the temps get to around 100F degrees. I also hooked up the solar controller I purchased for charging the batteries for my lights.

Mike Donahue (Stoney’s grandson) and his wife Windy called to use my dumpster because they’re cleaning up the old house; no problem, I said.


Thursday 29- 92/64F I did my stretches, 100 crunches, core trainer, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile run. 

David dropped by needing advice on his solar. We all went up to his home and checked it out. Cassie and I continued our evening walk from there.

I did my evening workout with the 10lbs dumbbells.

I did my late-night stretches, worked out with the 15lbs dumbbells, and went for a night run up the hill and back.


Friday 30- 99/67F getting hot. I did my stretches and 100 crunches.

I reinstalled my guest’s swamp cooler before she and her cats melted away from the heat.


Goodbye to April... I am ready for May flowers!


No comments:

Post a Comment