Saturday, March 16, 2019

February 2019






February 2019

Friday 01- a very nice day. I did my stretches and took Cassie for a mile jog. 
I went into Yucca Valley to get gas, food at Staters Bros, and lumber at Home Depot to build an extension to my south facing patio and move my solar panels there.
I got home and put all the groceries away and then took Cassie for a bike run. Later in the evening we went for a mile jog.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Saturday 02- dark and gloomy and rained most of the day starting around 2pm. I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile and a half jog. 
I took all the wood I bought off the truck and put them where I’m going to build: 10 2x4x16’ and 10 4x4x8’ I was pretty tired when I got down moving all of this.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Sunday 03- sunny but with a cold breeze. I did my stretches, exercised with the 10&20 lbs dumbbells, and took Cassie for a mile jog.
I went to our community’s Super Bowl Sunday Game.
I got home around 8pm kinda disappointed the Rams didn’t win.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Monday 04- it rained and drizzled most of the day. I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a walk.
I went to our Monday Movie Game Night.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Tuesday 05- very windy all day. I did my stretches and took Cassie for a walk.
I received the shipment from OnTrack that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. It contained the battery for my new laptop. 
I droved to Twentynine Palms to pick up a package for an extender and 4GB of Memory at the post office.
I took Cassie for a walk when I got home.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Wednesday 06- again it was very windy. I did my stretches and exercised with the 20 pound weights.
I drove into Yucca to get my 3 propane bottles filled and went to Home Depot to get a few things I need to build my new porch in the back.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Thursday 07- nice day cold night. I did my stretches, worked out on the weight bench, took Cassie for a mile jog.
I went to Tractor Supply to purchase a 300 gallon Rubbermaid heavy duty plastic tub that I am going to use as during the summer as a tub. I brought it home, unloaded it, got back in the truck and went to Home Depot to get roll roofing supplies (very heavy) and stopped off at WalMart to pick up a 4 burner barbecue. Took that all home and unloaded it.
Cassie wanted to go for a bike run, so we went for a mile, and later in the evening we went for a walk.
I went to Movie Night at the community center and saw, “The Cloverfield Paradox” I don’t think anyone understood and starring folks I never heard of.
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night.

Friday 08- I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile jog. A little later we went for a bike ride run. I dismantled the old flunky pool I bought last summer and tossed it in the garbage.
I took Cassie for a walk. 
I continued to edit my book the rest of the night and finally finished it! There might be some little tweeks I need to make on the poems I planted at the beginning of each chapter but it looks mighty good to me. 114000 words written! Longest dang book I ever wrote.

Saturday 09- a little cloudy with some clouds with a high of 50 degrees. I did my stretches, core trainer, worked out on the weight bench, and jogged a mile with Cassie. I later took her for a bike run.
In the evening we journeyed over to visit Kjtel for a spell and had tea. Her Mac laptop was broken. I took it home and fixed it.

Sunday 10- really cold and windy starting around noon and lasting all night. I did my stretches and Cassie and me went on a 1.5 mile jog. I was getting ready for the Poetry reading but decided it was too cold and windy to sit in the outside theater. I called and talked to my Brother on Skype for almost an hour. My good friend Jimmy then called on his way to Tucson and we spent about 2 hrs yammer on phone getting up-to-date with our lives. I found out later from Kjtel that they had moved the poetry reading inside. 

Monday 11- nice sunny day but kinda cold. I did my stretches, yoga, and went for a mile jog with Cassie. Later I took her for a long bike run she likes so much. She yelps and jumps with joy when I start bringing the bike out and it’s a joy for me to watch her enthusiasm. 
I been digging out Kelly’s driveway on her property so I can get her trailer moved off my property and onto her’s.
Had a nice talk with my sister Lynn.
I went to the Movie Night and we watched something about cars “Death Race” starring Jason Statham; very intense.

Tuesday 12- overcast most of the afternoon. I did my stretches and took Cassie for a bike run.
I drove to Home Depot to pick up some more lumber and roofing material. Stopped off at WalMart to purchase a cover for my new barbecue.
Arrived home, unloaded everything, took Cassie for a walk.

Wednesday 13- cloudy with sprinkles all dang day long. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, exercised with the 10 and 20 pound dumbbells, jogged a mile with Cassie. I decided I better do as much exercises today because it looks like heavy rain tomorrow.
I needed to screw down the windows of the guest trailer; still waiting for my guest to leave.
Now that my book is almost complete I can get back to my studies: pre-algebra, anatomy coloring book, Python programing. I read aloud from the molecular biology book. The reason I am reading aloud is in the hopes this can make me a better speaker at the poetry readings.
Cassie and I went for an evening jog.
Watched some educational videos as I do this all the time; I just haven’t mentioned them here in my journal.
Wrote a poem about getting old.

Thursday 14- rained all day and into the night. Lake Lucille formed at the bottom of my hill. I ain't going anywheres today or maybe for the next couple of days until it dries up some. It might not look deep but it's 2 to 3 feet with mud underneath. Cars get stuck there all the time when it's flooded. Me and Cassie just stayed inside and kept each other company.

Friday 15- clouds but some sunshine here and there to charge up my batteries. I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile jog. Later we went for a bike run and an evening mile jog. I did the poop patrol. 
I started digging out a driveway on Kelly’s property so I can get her moved out and over there. I have to dig out another driveway on my property so I can move her trailer off.
I remembered to do my “nightly exercises” tonight.
I did all my studies and practiced playing my guitar.

Saturday 16- sunny but breezy. I did my stretches, exercised with the 10 and 20 pound dumbbells, took Cassie for a mile jog. Later we went for a bike run, and then an evening mile jog.
I did all my studies and practiced guitar. I read aloud from the molecular biology book.

Sunday 17- very windy and cold; it rained in the evening around 8pm. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised on the weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and took Cassie for a mile jog. Later we went for a evening mile jog.
I remembered to do my “nightly exercises” tonight.
I did all my studies, practiced guitar, and read aloud,

Monday 18- sunny with a cold breeze. I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile jog.
I went to Home Depot in Yucca to pick up 12 15/32 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. Oriented Strand Board, some nails, and 10 1-1/2 in. x 1-1/2 in. x 10 ft. Galvanized Steel Drip Edge Flashing.
I got home and took Cassie for a bike run. Kjtel dropped by on her way home from LA to say hi. She helped me unload the the plywood.
I stopped by her house before going to Movie Night (Wheelman) to visit for a short spell. I got back home at 9:30pm and was mighty tired, didn’t want to do much but read a few educational and self help stuff on YouTube, and surf the web. 

Tuesday 19- a very sunny but cold day. I did my stretches, exercised with the 10 and 2- pound dumbbells, and jogged a mile with Cassie.
I went again to Yucca Valley to WalMart and Home Depot to purchase fencing material two rolls of 5 ft. x 100 ft. 14-Gauge Welded Wire, twenty-one  1-3/4 in. x 3-1/2 in. x 5 ft. Green Steel Fence T-Post, and twelve 2 in. x 4 in. x 104-1/4 in. Prime Green Douglas Fir Stud.
I arrived home and got it all unloaded and took Cassie for a bike/run, and later we went for an evening mile jog. 
I did all my studies and played my guitar.

Wednesday 20- very cold with high winds. I did my stretches, core trainer, weight bench, hit at the heavybag for a short spell, and jogged a mile with Cassie. Later we went on a bike/run for a mile and did an evening run. I wanted to get as much exercise in because it might snow tomorrow says the weather forecast.
I did my studies. Practiced my guitar.

Thursday 21- snow! It's officially snowing here in the high desert! It's Cassie's first snowfall and she doesn't know what to do but blends in very well with her black and white fur. Cassie woke me up to let her outside at around 7-7:30AM I usually don't get up this early except when she want out. I think it might have been earlier because I was so awestruck by all the snow when I let Cassie out to pee I didn't think to check the time. Cassie didn’t want to go out into it until I walked out and then she romped around in the snow trying to catch the snowflakes.

Friday 22- cold high winds blowing hard enough to chill your bones to the marrow. I did my stretches.

Saturday 23- I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile run. Later we went for a bike/run.
It’s been one hell of a month being drenched in rain and finally by lots of snow. Over twenty denizens of desert braved our bumpy potholed infested washed out unpaved rural roads, crossing deep rutted large pools of standing muddy water to reach our community potluck. Chris VanNortrick stirred up a veg bean stew with cornbread. Jeff Dongvillo simmered a pot of apples and beans. Mack Dodd brought a tasty tuna salad. Elizabeth West stuffed us all with her stuffing, mashed potatoes, and blueberry cobbler cranberry jelly. Kjtel Byers tossed us an apple blueberry ginger salad. Kip Fjeld brought his famous guacamole and chips. Patti with an i, whipped us up a scrumptious cranberry salad and sweet potato pie. Yvonne Francis inspired us with her asparagus alfredo. Dyan Carroll basted two fat turkeys and brought steamy gravy drippings from the pan, a broccoli salad, and a mouthwatering lemon trifle, yikes! We were all content to sit around yammering on about this and that and other things of great importance while stuffing our faces with the most yummy grub you’ll ever find on planet earth.

Sunday 24- nice sunny day but a little cold still. I did my stretches, core trainer, exercised on the weight bench, punched the heavybag, and took Cassie for a mile run. Later we went for a bike/run.
I messed around with the Lenovo X131e laptop trying to get another OS onto it.

Monday 25- nice sunny and warmer day. I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile jog.
I drove to Home Depot to purchase 2” by 10” PVC pipe and 16 pavers.
I was asked by a friend to check on my neighbor Roger and found him to be okay. I stopped off at Kjtel’s for tea and we took our doggies for a walk.
I went to movie night. We watched “Logan’s Run” (1976) Jenny Agutter and Michael York.

Tuesday 26- overcast all day and into the evening; colder. I did my stretches and Cassie and I went for a mile jog. Later I took her for a bike/run. 
I drove to the post office to pick up another Lenovo X131e but this one comes with an AMD processor. 
Canceled my Boost Mobile service I wasn’t using the service much.
At 7:30pm I attended Ruth Denison's anniversary of her passing at the Dhamma Dena center.

Wednesday 27- nice, sunny and warmer. I did my stretches, worked out with the 10 & 20 pound dumbbells, and took Cassie for a mile run.
I went again to Home Depot to purchase more lumber; ten 2x4x8 and four 4x4x8.
Cassie and I were invited over to Kjtel’s for a sandwich and a movie, “Black Sea” (2014) director Kevin Macdonald... starring Jude Law. Kept me and Kjtel on the edge of our seats. Very intense and emotional movie. Sometimes we couldn't make out what the actors were saying because of their thick accents, but we figured it out by the way the Director worked the scenes. Very well done.

Thursday 28- a very nice sunny day. I did my stretches, yoga, and took Cassie for a mile and a half job. Later we went for a bike/run.
I messed around with my computers loading up Linux Mint on one.
I went to Movie and Game night at the community center and saw, “The Prince” (2014) directed by Brian A. Miller, starring Jason Patric, Bruce Willis, John Cusack, and Rain. We all had to laugh that none of the bad guys could shot and hit anything but the walls and floors.


****************** Poems February 2019  *****************

You might believe I'm old, dirt poor and crazy for wearing old tattered jeans.
My clothes are so threadbare but ya knows they be clean.
You might think I'm lazy cause I sleep until noon.
Never been a morning person I write into night's gloom.
You might see me ponder lost in thoughts so deep.
You may learn of my weakness as I talk in my sleep.
Never concerned about wealth, you might think I have failed.
It's just I don’t give a damn as I wander through life's dark clouds of hail.
But it really doesn’t matter what you think or believe.
You’ll be old and crazy too if you live as long as me.
~RD

While journeying through life’s little mysteries and missteps remember to treat everything as an adventure no matter how mundane and always greet your dog with enthusiasm.
~RD

*************************

No comments:

Post a Comment