Monday, November 06, 2023

The year 2022 unedited


December 2022

Thursday 01- 55/38F cold shivering wind creeping into the small openings of my clothes.

I did my stretches and jogged up the hill and back. I installed two 100-watt solar panels on the framework I constructed.


Friday 02- 62/43F overcast all day long.

The day seems to be over and done before it even began.

Have no regrets 

We can't change what was, they are what made us what we are today and also far into the future. We should not be continually dwelling on our past mistakes, poor choices, and missed opportunities when our focus should be on a better future by making more informed choices. 

Youth is a testbed for new ideas, failures, and hormones.

~RD


Saturday 03- 68/42F and Sunday 04- 65/43F my two days off. I did do my stretches. I cleaned up around the house. 


Monday 05- 61/41F I did all my exercises and studies. On my morning jog, I found a deceased coyote on the other side of the embankment. Cassie got my attention by stopping and sniffing the road where the animal got hit and she wouldn’t move. I looked around figuring something got struck by a car. I moved the body with my wheelbarrow onto my property and dug a deep hole to bury it. I let Kelly know what I was doing. Found out later that Gloria had found the animal and moved it from the road. So sad.


Tuesday 06- 57/37F  cold and chilly. I dug three post holes and placed piers inside and leveled them getting ready to place 4x4x6 poles. 


Wednesday 07- 59/34F  🔭 I carried my telescope out into the night's frosty air to see Mars disappear behind the full Moon at 6:31 my time in Joshua Tree.

Going to go back out there to watch Mars reappear around 7:30

I went back outside and watched as Mars reappeared one hour later at 7:31

So, if we were on Mars looking at Earth through a telescope would we see the Moon eclipse the Earth?

Goodnight everyone and stay warm


Thursday 08- 59/35F I did my stretches and my studies. 


You might be unaware of how you project yourself onto others but only you know how you perceive what others think of you. Hmm, extrovert vs introvert; one projects and the other extrapolates.


Friday 09- 60/34F  I did my stretches and did my studies. I took Kelly to JT to get our meds and then to Yucca Valley to do some shopping. When we took our groceries and drove the car to get a pizza just farther up the parking lot but too far for Kelly to walk. A black truck pulled up on my side to tell us the hatch was open and a few items had fallen out. Kelly forgot to shut the hatch down tight and her groceries had fallen out the back end. She ran out to collect the trail of goods she had just purchased. I started to pull away as the truck departed to see if I can help when a couple stepped out in front of me carrying a pizza. I quickly stepped on the break to avoid them. Stepping out in front of me blocking my way, man’s temper flared like some great ape come to rip me apart. Did I say he was a big angry man? I decided to wave him off, which angered him even more. So, I drove around him not wanting to listen to words not found in a dictionary being yelled at me. I found Kelly scouring the parking lot and proceed to help. 

What I didn’t know then was that I was having an anxiety attack, but with so much excitement I didn’t notice my chest tightening and that electric static pulsing through my central nervous system.

On the ride home is when it hit me as Kelly went about her usual nagging... Now, at that moment thoughts of the encounter in the parking lot were playing through my head and I wasn’t paying much attention. This made her mad. At some point, she started yelling at me. I asked her to stop. This caused her to yell louder elevating my anxiety higher. I then yelled back in a very robust forceful way for her to quit talking; she did.

The interior of the car was silent the rest of the twenty some miles it takes to get home; the last six miles is down a bumpy dirt road. I helped her with her groceries carrying them to the trailer out back in which she lives. In an angry disposition, she told me to leave them be and she’d get them. I wanted her gone from my sight as quickly as I could because my anxiety was getting worse and that’s the only reason I helped. She hasn’t talked to me for a few days and this is just fine with me.

A little story behind Kelly: She has been staying in that trailer I gave her for six years; her stay was until she found a place. I haven’t asked for any rent only to help pay the water bill which she has paid for a few months starting April of this year. Also, it was not an intimate relationship.

There’s more: Kelly is a disabled Veteran. Myself, being a Vet I’ve been helping Kelly for the past ten or more years taking her to doctor visits, shopping, and whatnot when she didn’t have a car; which she hasn’t had for some time now. Seems like most of the time she’s okay and easy to get along with, but other times she can be a narcissist always trying to browbeat me, and belittling every other thing I do; if you ever experienced this type of person you’ll know what I mean if you haven’t you might be one yourself. I do not like being sucked down into someone’s weird fantasy and trying to hold a civil conversation without being provoked.

To make this simple; I cannot have a person living on my property who nags and bickers, who tries to drive down my self-esteem, and who has no respect for my problems with anxiety. Time and time again I have requested Kelly to move onto her own property across the street, but every time there’s some problem or other; the last time her cat died; this was last April, and I couldn’t press her to leave when she was in deep sorrow. 

The water hose...


Bread recipe and ingredients:

300 milliliters of warm water (1 1/2 cups)

410 grams flour (3 1/3 cups) + 1 tablespoon for kneading

1 teaspoon sugar (5 grams)

Melt 160 grams of butter


To produce stronger writing:

1. Use evidence to support your claims.

2. Replace the abstract with the concrete.

3. Substitute vague descriptions with specific sensory details.

4. Avoid relying too much on body language.

5. Show emotion through dialogue.

6. Filter observations through the narrative voice.



Saturday 10- 64/41F I finally put up the three 4x4x8 poles leveled on their cement piers and nailed them all securely with 2x4x8s.

 

Sunday 11- 59/34F it rained most of the day. The clouds look strange like mists of heavy fog. I did my stretches and all my studies. I addressed over twenty Christmas cards this evening. I’ll fill out the cards tomorrow. 

I was visited by David and then Kjtel; she just got over Covid.


Monday 12- 44/28F freezing cold with rain and occasional splattering of snow. I’m not used to this yet. Usually, it takes me a few weeks to accumulate once it does get cold, which it is now. 

I did my stretches, jogged, weight bench, punched the heavy bag, and did my studies.

 

Tuesday 13- 53/32F I did my stretches and jogged up the hill and back. I did my studies.

CREATINE

COLLAGEN-PEPTIDES

HYALURONIC ACID

PSYLLIUM HUSK

OMEGA-3

TRIMETHYLGLYCINE (TMG)

GLYCINE & NAC


Wednesday 16- 55/34F I did all my exercises, jogged, and I did my studies. I also did the laundry and cleaned the house; need more work cleaning. 


Thursday 17- 58/39F I did my stretches and jogged up the hill and back. I went to Twentynine Palms to pick up Kelly’s mail and a package for Marcus at the post office. Filled up the car with gas. Filled my empty propane tank at Builder’s Supply. 

Stopped off at Staters and purchased some firewood. For some reason I not sure of I just didn’t feel like shopping there.

Stopped off at Burger King but saw they had raised the prices; a Whopper (single patty no cheese) now cost over 6 bucks, I thought that was kind of expensive so I left. 

Surprise! The Food Outlet opened its new store today and they were right across the street from Burger King, so I went in. The place was really crowded, so I made a quick tour of the place picked up a few things, and left.

I wasn’t feeling poorly when I made it home. It seems I just couldn’t keep warm, so I spent most of my time in bed under the electric blanket UPS delivered today.

I did my studies.


Friday 16- 57/30F I did my stretches, lifted weights, jogged a mile with Cassie, and did my studies.

I droved down to JT to pick up my meds at Rockey’s.

Shanna and the kids’ voucher for the motel they were staying were up and had to be out today. They came here to drop off her 3 dogs and 4 cats while they went to Arizona to get her section 8 renewed. 



Saturday 17- I did my stretches. Linda came by to discard her trash in my dumpster.

Shanna her kids came by late to gather her dogs and cats, and other bags of clothes they had left. They left around 2 AM to head down the hill to the motel they got a reprieve to stay one more week.


Sunday 18- I did my stretches.


Monday 19- 60/34F very nice day. I did all my exercises and all my studies. I worked on my solar array today by painting a few more 2x4x8s and a couple of 4x4x8 posts. 

I took Cassie for a bike/run. It’s been a while since we went on one and she was so excited but tired at the end.


Tuesday 20- 61/41F clear skies and a pleasant day. I did my stretches and jogged up the hill and back.

I left early for my Doctor's appointment at 3:45 so I could do some shopping. I went to Harbor Fright and the 99cent store. The Sun had already set when I left the doctor’s examination to drive down to Rocky’s to get a prescription filled. I borrowed the restroom key from Rocky and after I was done I emerged to find a lady locking the gate, and if I didn’t come out I would have been locked in that section of the building; she said she was sorry, I said no problem, relieved that I didn’t have to spend the night there.


Wednesday 21- 66/40F I did all my exercises and studies. 

I painted a second coat of paint on the 2x4x8s and the 4x4x8s. I cleaned out the dog kennel that Shanna’s dogs really messed up. I did 3 loads of wash; 2 sleeping bags and a bedspread. I did the poop patrol. I went to Kjtel’s and mine solar calendar and pounded in a stake exactly at 1:47 to mark the winter solstice. 

I took Cassie on a bike/run. I filled my trailer’s two tires which were almost flat with air.


Thursday 22- 66/41F went to 29 to pick up Kelly’s packages at her post box. Then we did some shopping and ate lunch at Burger King. 


Friday 23- 67/46F I did all my exercises. I put the first coat on 8 more of the 2x4x8 and 3 4x4x8 posts. I did all my studies.


Saturday 24- 66/44F I did my stretches and jogged up the hill and back. I did a load of laundry. I put the first coat on 8 more of the 2x4x8 and 3 4x4x8 posts. I jacked up the trailer to get the wheels off the ground so they won’t rot. Cleaning out the wood stove was a very dirty job but someone had to do it. 


Sunday 25- 74/45F Christmas Day... I did my stretches, two loads of laundry, and took Cassie for a morning walk. Kelly and I celebrated Christmas together. I made pancakes, eggs, and bacon for breakfast. She cooked up a roast for dinner.


Monday 26- 74/48F I did all my exercises and all my studies. Took Cassie on a bike/run. I filled the tires on my Harley and the 

I cut a bunch of firewood.

Happy Birthday to my friend Bill Wood!

We had a grand adventure when you, me, and Jay McDonald ran away from home to Inglewood near the airport where we were almost caught by police. Then onto New Hall, where we slept under an apartment building. Hitchhiked our way to Van Nuys where we were ratted on by kids we met there and apprehended by the police. I think we were 14 or 15 at the time. I still remember your smelly socks when the jailer took our shoes from us. Lots of good jokes about them smelly socks while we waited for our folks to come pick us up. Fun Times for sure!

Hey, remember when you almost set your Mom's house on fire trying to light a rocket you build fueled with gasoline?

Take Care my Friend


What I hope will happen in 2023 is for Russia to respect the borders of other countries, stop its indiscriminate shelling of cities killing thousands of civilians, pull out of Ukrainian, and pay reparations to rebuild what they had destroyed. Plus, I'd like to see Putin and those responsible for this whole mess face war crimes as the Nazis' did at the Nuremberg trials after their defeat at the end of WWII... is this asking too much?


Tuesday 27- 70/48F cloudy with rain late in the evening. I did my stretches and jogged with Cassie.



Wednesday 28- 68/42F a few sprinkles. I did my stretches and most of my exercises; I have a little pain in my arms and had to quit. I did my studies. Went to 29 to collect my mail. I did some shopping at Grocery Outlet. Gary’s basket...



Thursday 29- 59/44F and Friday 30- 60/40F I forget what I did before Kelly got very sick and I called an ambulance to transport her to the ER. There we spent a little more than 12 hours there. A hospital is a place of pain and suffering and I had my fill of it. I was up for 22 hours straight and I was mighty tired...

When we got home I went right to sleep. Shanna and her kids arrived that afternoon to stay for a few weeks.


Saturday 31- 64/49F it rained here and there throughout the day. Thankfully there was no rain when I went for my “run up the hill out of 2022 and then run down the hill into 2023.






November 2022

Tuesday 01- 77/47F

Wednesday 02- 67/46F windy

Thursday 03- 67/41F 

Friday 04- 67/44F Kelly and I went to Twentynine Palms to pick up our mail, did some shopping, and ate lunch at Burger King.


Follow me to explore these hidden perpetual realms of infinity 


Saturday 05- 74/47F I did my stretches and jogged a mile.

What kind of personality do I believe others perceive my personality to be? Is this a reflection, a bounce back from reality’s perceptions 

I can now see there may be something to an introvert and extrovert in how one 

reflects oneself from others

Sunday 06- 74/50F I did my stretches and jogged a mile.

Monday 07- 71/50F very windy all day long...

Tuesday 08- 70/48F 

Wednesday 09- 72/49F 

Thursday 10-  61/39F  Yucca Valley 

Friday 11- 63/37F 

Saturday 12- 66/39F 

Sunday 13- 60/40F windy cold. Shanna arrived with her three kids, a cat, a bird, three dogs, and whatever other critters she may have. They may be staying for a week or two. My friend Shanna arrived with her three kids, four cats, a bird, three dogs, and whatever other critters she may have. They may be staying for a week or two. Shanna’s lease ran out as did the rest of the tenants of the apartment complex. The owner kicked every tenant out so he could fix up the place, make two rentals where there was originally one, and raise the rents. 

I am frazzled...

Monday 14- 64/39F 

Tuesday 15- 61/39F 

Wednesday 16- 66/40F

Thursday 17- 65/39F 

Friday 18- 67/40F 

Saturday 19- 66/44F 

Sunday 20- 

Monday 21- 66/40F 

Tuesday 22- 67/41F 

Wednesday 23- 71/45F 

Thursday 24- 69/46F I'm thankful for many wonderful things and one of them is having you in my life 🤗


Friday 25- 68/42F a sad but wonderful day; my guests have left after 12 days 🥲


Saturday 26- 72/42F a very nice day. I did all my exercises: stretches, jogged a mile with Cassie, and lifted weights. I’m going to begin to write these down  


Sunday 27- 66/44F

Monday 28- 66/40F 

CJ, that's a good idea of yours to read it all the way through once and then begin on Nov. 28th.  When I was in college to get familiar with the subject I'd do a quick read on non-fiction science books and then slowly read to gather more comprehension as the class progressed. That's awesome you're doing this!

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. 

As for me, I'm doing fine, no complaints, just missing you, Markiss, Riley, and your Mom, all the noise associated with kids running around and me cooking breakfast... but especially our walks in the desert collecting rocks, stones, and such... these are the things I miss the most.

Say hi to everyone!

Stay Happy 🤗

Bob


Tuesday 29- 63/38F 

I did my stretches and jogged up the hill and back. I did a few repairs and clean-up around the house. Then I worked on puting in suports for 2 solar panels I need to find bolts for.

I did my studies throughout the day.


Wednesday 30- 65/39F cold night! I did all my jog, exercises, and stretches for the day. I decided instead of jogging a mile every day or so I will jog up the hill and back to save time in the morning so I won’t be so tired to do other stuff like working or cleaning the house.

I did a load of laundry.

I did my studies


A story about a stranger named Eri Danus who came to our small town on the Oregon coast



October 2022


Saturday 01- 93/68F 

Sunday 02- 92/69F

Monday 03- 94/68F 

Tuesday 04- 92/67F 

Wednesday 05- 95/68F 

Thursday 06- 94/66F town

Friday 07- 90/66F 

Saturday 08- 90/65F 

Sunday 10- 89/65F 

Monday 11- 

Tuesday 12- 89/64F 

Wednesday 13- 89/63F thunderclouds with a bit of rain along with high gusts of wind.

Thursday 13- 91/63F I drove down to Home Depot to get 8 bags of stocco and the tools to apply it to the shop walls. Karl helped me decide what kind of stucco and tools to use on my job. Anthony helped me stack 8 sacks of 80lbs of stucco; I am 71 years old and was about to start loading them from the upper shelf when Anthony jumped in without me asking and just started helping me.

The cashier was very efficient and called for a helper to assist me in loading it all onto my truck. I think his name was Errick who helped me load it; I couldn't have done it myself I went to give him a tip but he politely refused.


Friday 14- 92/64F Kelly and I went to JT to pick up our meds and then on to Yucca Valley to do some shopping and to eat lunch at Carl’s JR.

Wednesday 19- 85/59

Thursday 20- 88/61F

Friday 21- 88/59F 

Saturday 22- 81/51F

Sunday 23- 70/47F

Monday 24- 73/45F 

Tuesday 25- 75/52F


Wednesday 26- 79/51F Kelly got really sick and I took her to the High Desert Hospital’s ER where we spent the rest of the day and evening until she was stabilized and sent her home with some new meds. 

Thursday 27- 73/45F 

Friday 28- 74/48F 

Saturday 29- 

Sunday 30- 80/52F 

Monday 31- 80/56F



The meaning of AUSPICIOUS is showing or suggesting that future success is likely : propitious.


an·guish

/ˈaNGɡwiSH/noun

severe mental or physical pain or suffering.

"she shut her eyes in anguish"


thor·ough·ly

/ˈTHərəlē,ˈTHərōlē/

in a thorough manner. "he searched the house thoroughly"


Sweet Dreams... A person was falsely accused, judged, sentenced, and is to be put to death the same day! 


What wickedness lies beyond The Gates of Hell


manipulators of reality 



Don’t feed your dog so much!



Thursday 01- 109/82F 

Friday 02- 107/81F

Saturday 03- 106/80F

Sunday 04- 109/82F 

Monday 05- 107/81F

Tuesday 06- 110/80F

Wednesday 07- 104/78F


Thursday 08- 96/70F early morning showers.

I kept my appointment with my doctor at 1 PM.

Friday 09- 93/69F showers throughout the day.

Saturday 10- 89/70F 


Sunday 11- 91/70F

Monday 12- 90/70F 


Tuesday 13- 91/68F 

Wednesday 14- 90/63F 

Thursday 15- 92/63F 

Friday 16- 92/65F

Saturday 17- 92/63F

Sunday 18- 92/63F 

Monday 19- 

Tuesday 20- 

Wednesday 21- 93/61F Kelly my guest and I went to Twentynine Palms to pick up packages and shopping. 

Thursday 22- 95/66F 

Friday 23- 96/70F

Saturday 24- 97/75F

Sunday 25- 99/72F 

con·flu·ence

The junction of two rivers, especially rivers of approximately equal width...

Monday 26- 101/71F 

Tuesday 27- 99/73F 


Wednesday 28- Doctor’s appointment in Rancho Mirage to take stitches out of my left forehead and assess other spots of interest. 


Thursday 29- 97/69F 

Friday 30- 95/68F 






August 2022


Monday 01- 95/81F with a bit of rain.

Tuesday 02- 99/81F 

Wednesday 03- 104/84F Kelly and I went to Twentynine Palms to pick up mail and to do some shopping; Kelly is one of those slow shoppers. Gas was down to below $5 when I filled up. The prices at Staters were just a little bit more on some things. Their canned vegetables were still .85 cents a can and all the shelves were stocked. We ate lunch at Burger King and had their special; a bacon and cheese ranch burger, fries, chicken strips, and a soft drink all for 6 bucks and change.


Thursday 04- 96/78F a sucky, humid, drizzle day. It finally rained after midnight.

 

Friday 05- 94/80F cloudy but little rain.

Things I lose myself in:

Writing songs and playing them on my guitar.

Writing stories, poems, 

Astronomy

History 

Just thinking 





We live with and by our mistakes... hopefully, we learn not to repeat the real bad ones.


Saturday 06- 101/83F

Sunday 07- 103/82F 

Monday 08- 101/81F

Down on the docks back in the '70s, there was this guy who loved Olivia Newton-John from afar ... always working on all the teakwood listening to her songs but never taking the sailboat out into the open sea


Tuesday 09- 97/79F 

Wednesday 10- 101/80F

Thursday 11- 99/81F I went to Twentynine Palms to run some errands and pick up mail.

Friday 12- 100/81F

Saturday 13- 96/79F 

Sunday 14- 98/81F 

Monday 15- 97/80F

Tuesday 16- 98/81F

Wednesday 17- 101/81F 


Thursday 18 103/78F

Friday 19- 101/78F 


Saturday 20- 101/77F 

Sunday 21- 101/79F 

Monday 22- 101/80F

Tuesday 23- 105/79F

Wednesday 24- 99/77F lots of lightning, thunder, and rain.

Thursday 25- 98/78F 

Friday 26 102/79F Kjtel

Saturday 27- 104/77F 

Sunday 28- 99/77F 

Monday 29- 107/82F 

Tuesday 30- 108/84

Wednesday 31- 108/85F


July 2022

Friday 01- 106/76F 

Saturday 02- 104/74F 

Sunday 03- 103/70F 

Monday 04- 97/69F I love my country!!!

I have served in the arm forces of my country.

I enjoy the freedoms which my country offers.

I appreciate the diversity of many ethnicities, friendships, and learning of different cultures our country offers.

I respect those with different political views other than my own without prejudice.

I will not fall victim to the hate others feel towards my country.

We are Americans! We have always worked through our differences and have made this country better for generations to come because of this.

Happy Fourth of July my Friends ❤


I was not feeling well ever since I read the news about the Highland Park parade shootings; I don't know but something set me off with the feeling of dread.  Kelly came over for dinner but around 9:45 there was some kind of fireworks or gunfire outside my house that freaked both of us out. PTSD I guess. Usually, these things don't affect me.


Tuesday 05- 98/72F 


Wednesday 06- 97/70F 


Thursday 07- 102/73F 


Friday 08- 106/73F 


Saturday 09- 107/75F 


Sunday 10- 108/79F 

Monday 11- 110/80F 


Tuesday 12- 110/78F 


Wednesday 13- 107/79F Kelly and I went to Yucca Valley to do some shopping and pick up our prescriptions.

I've been on solar since the '70s and seen a lot of hype on the newest tech on cells throughout the years, but in all this time I haven't seen anything come out of this hype that isn't better than silicon cells, be it in price, ruggedness, and lifetimes; I have an Arco 55watt I bought in the '70s that is still putting out power. I power my whole house on solar. The only improvement I've seen in all these years has been in lithium iron phosphate batteries and LED lights 🌞

Right now these silicon solar panels are on the market for pretty cheap compared to what I've seen them go for in price over these many years; they are a proven technology that's a blessing 🙏🏻


Thursday 14- 106/82F 


Friday 15- 105/84F a few sprinkles here and there.


Saturday 16- 108/88F 

To beat the heat, me and Cassie been staying up really late. Then we get up around 10am I do my exercises, jump in the tub outside, have breakfast, do some studying, and pass out until 2pm... That's what I did these last few days.

Glad you're home... you are home, right?


Sunday 17- 107/85 we had rain! Lasted for almost an hour and there was a 10min downpour. 


Monday 18- 108/82F I went to the Hi-Desert Hospital to get lab work done for my CT Scan that I have an appointment for on Thursday 21 at 3:15pm. I got a flat tire on the way home but was able to limp all the way thanks to the Rybe air pump I just bought. 

Me and Cassie went to Kjtel’s house to watch a very fantastic movie called, “My Octopus Teacher.”


Tuesday 19- 109/82F 


To find out the age of the universe try using the dissipation of heat during the big bang to where the cosmic backgrown temp is right now?


Wednesday 20- 108/82F


Thursday 21- 110/81F CAT Scan 


Friday 22- 111/81F 


Saturday 23- 104/80F


Sunday 24- 101/79F We had some light rain this afternoon that lasted around half an hour.


Monday 25- 97/65F Our area got some really heavy rain that lasted most of the day and washed out Winters Rd. with consecutive waves rolling down the street; I got the video to prove it!


Tuesday 26- 97/80F 

Wednesday 27- 98/80F

Thursday 28- 101/81F 

Friday 29- 100/79F 

Saturday 30- 93/79F 

Sunday 31- 96/80F




June 2022 


Wednesday 01- 94/66F I went with my guest to Yucca Valley today. I had an appointment at Labcorp to get my blood test and we both went to get our eyeglass prescriptions filled. Did a little shopping at Vons.


it doesn't matter if it's true or not, for whatever reason being logical or irrational, it's what people believe that matters


Thursday 02- 97/69F Home Depot delivered my new faucet. I watched the NBL championship at Kjtels’ with Ben and Mick.


Friday 03- 97/69F 


Saturday 04- 96/69F I did six loads of laundry in my new washer!


Sunday 05- 99/71F I installed the new faucet, climbing under the sink that was mighty dirty, but got it done in about 45minutes.  

I went to the poet reading just to stop by and say hi to my old friends there. I had to leave early because I had promised Kjtel I come by for game. I didn’t bring anything to read but Rich found one of my poems and put me on first to read. I really love these folks. At Kjtel’s there was only her and Jordine there watching the game


Monday 06- 103/71F 


Tuesday 07- 103/74F Kjtel came by with her doggies for a visit and listen to Old Time Radio drama


Wednesday 08- 105/76F


Thursday 09- 107/81F 


Friday 10- 106/79F Game 4


Saturday 11- 108/80F 


Sunday 12- 105/72F 


Monday 13- 98/70F I went to Kjtel’s house with Cassie to watch game 5 NBA championship basketball: 94 FINAL 104 Warriors win.


Denys, this YouTube channel of yours is the only one I watch about the War in Ukraine anymore. You tell it as it is, the good and the bad without much bias, you being Ukrainian and having your country destroyed and keeping a cool head is a triumph in and of itself. Most of the other news outlets I've seen are mostly propaganda or watching tanks being blown up and dead bodies; you don't do this, which is good; I don't want to see that.

Keep up the good work and be safe! 🇺🇦 🇺🇸 

Bob Deloyd


We have lots of coyotes out here. It has been a hard time for them out here in the desert because of the drought and such, so we give them water and feed them a little. Coyotes are a very friendly sort once they let you into the pack. They let me see them dance; they stand up with their backs curved and jaws wide open... I didn't know they did this and was amazed by how they greeted each other. Very cool indeed <3


Tuesday 14- 98/70F 


Wednesday 15- 104/71 Kelly and I went to Yucca Valley to pick up our new eyeglasses and to do some shopping. Gas was over $6 where I got gas but mustly from what I saw at other stations was $5.99. 


Thursday 16- 105/72F Game night at Kjtel’s.... Warriors win over Celtics.

We all live in the moment... when we open our eyes for the first time to stare past this hidden dark veil of mediocracy of wars, politics, and greed, to accept our impermanence on this beautiful planet called Earth.


Friday 17- 98/62F 

Saturday 18- 90/59F Melvin Dismuke called 

Sunday 19- 94/64F

Monday 20- 97/66F

Tuesday 21- 101/77F Bob Vandenburg called. 

Wednesday 22- 95/76F it rained a little bit as Kelly and I drove to the town of Twentynine Palms to pick up mail and do some shopping. Cassie was glad to see us when we arrived back home and we gave her the reward she was looking for: a cheese burger we picked up when we ate lunch at Burger King.


Thursday 23- 102/78F 

Friday 24- 104/75F 

Saturday 25- 106/75F 

Sunday 26- 106/76F

Monday 27- 106/81F 

Tuesday 28- 104/81F Oh no, I am so sad to hear of BC's passing. He was a good friend and helped a lot of folks in our little community. So many of our friends have passed away up here since the covid restrictions and unrest in our country have kept people scared and frustrated or hiding away in their homes. I've been trying to stay off of FB because if I speak out as I've done once before, I'll become a social pariah.

I do answer these messages but somehow a few slip by like yours did. I'm looking back to the ones you sent last April and wonder how I missed them. I am alright. I am working on my home, exercising, studying, and walking my dog Cassie.

I hope you are well. 

Again, I am sad to hear about BC. I can only hope he wasn't in much pain before he passed. I will let others know in our community.

Let's keep in touch. I will make extra sure I answer yours promptly in the future.

Write to Lisa Carroll



Wednesday 29- 105/78F I went to my doctor appointment. Gas was at $6.17 today.

Thursday 30- 104/76F 



May 2022 


Sunday 01- 91/59F 


Monday 02- 88/56F 


Tuesday 03- 85/57F 


Wednesday 04- 87/61F


Thursday 05- 93/65F 

Friday 06- 97/69F 


Saturday 07- 95/63F 


86/55F 


79/51F 

Tuesday 10- 76/46F 


To rule out FTL travel when scientists only know 5 percent of what the universe is made up of, is the kind of short-sighted mentality that has stifled science throughout history... you can pick your own examples.


Aww, Doctor Hook and The Medicine Show... I was in High School at the time and remember seeing them in concert way back in the late ‘60s before they became famous. Of course, we were all mighty stoned by the time the second band, Captain Beefheart, started to play... Good times for sure! The ambient smell of strawberry incense and the pungent smell of pot dispersed through the air. Cute wide-eyed girls dancing around under an array of black lights covering the ceiling pumping out UV rays onto the dance floor of the big concert hall making drops of glowing Visine run down their cheeks... somewhere in Torrance, somewhere in time.


Coffee: a poor man’s heroin and the lifeblood of poets. Whose spine-tingling caffeine awakens thine spirits and illuminates this darkened void within. Waves of thought gather displaying brilliant colors of poetry and purity of verse for those long-forgotten realms hidden in antiquity, waiting for a poet to bring forth the fruit of a new era of hope and lucid dreams.  Poets: always searching for truth in a world full of turmoil, seeking out the best of humanity but running into those morally bad, wicked beasts who would protest the very souls of men.


May your emptiness be filled with the love of others...  

Sorry for your loss


So great the suffering pain 


Wednesday 11- 81/56F 


Thursday 12- 89/56F Kjtel to town. Wessel Boxman 


Friday 13- 88/62F 


Saturday 14- 


Sunday 15- 

Monday 16- 


Tuesday 17- 93/65F 


Wednesday 18- 96/68F shopping, prescriptions, locked out, 

When a star greater than 1.4 times the size of the Sun at its end of life reaches a point called electron degeneracy and becomes a white dwarf. Any larger than 8 times the mass of our Sun will become either a neutron star or a black hole depending on its mass. 

A white dwarf orbiting another star, let's say a red giant, could pull mass from such a star, where too many electrons bunch together causing a Type 1A Supernova.  Type 1A is used as one of the standard candles to measure distances in our universe...

~RD


Thursday 19- 99/67F 


Friday 20- 91/60F I went to the post office to submit identification and the D-11 form of the State Department to get my US passport. Somehow I spelled my mother’s last name wrong and had to make another appointment; I made one for next Monday. 


Saturday 21 88/61F 

Sunday 22- 89/65F 

Monday 23- 93/67F Again, I made the trip to the post office, and this time my papers passed inspection. I now wait eleven week to receive it, that’s if it passes the State Department’s scruples.  


Tuesday 24- 96/70F 

You know, I was just thinking the other day... we have enough communistic dictators on this planet. I think we should kick them all off and send the whole bunch of them on a trip beyound Pluto! 


Wednesday 25- 100/72F 

To be adrift on an ocean of words, ever-flowing, ever breaking on the shores of my mind. I sail upon a vast resource of knowledge and expertise gathered since ancient times, before the concept of knapping flint arrowheads, before our ancestors crawled and flopped out of the primordial goo.

I cast my line into this sea of words, thoughts, and the tenacity of our species hoping to catch a little something of the truth to our being.

~RD

Thursday 26- 101/68F 


I lay in my bed all cozy and neet, beneath puffy fur blankets and clean linen sheets. Rumors of war have been in all the news, it rained hard on my head that the best thing for me was to take a long snooze.

Contemplating war I drifted away...

Go down to the canyon where nobody goes, where lives a wise man that nobody knows. Ask him a question why he lives way down here, and his only reply was there’s nothing to fear. 

He looked at me with the most powerful eyes, from deep in the shadows came his echoing cry; Words from the future, words from the past, turn around softly you’re moving too fast. Lessons for you and heed what I say or you’ll be hearing this in some other way. Ha, I laughed, I learned nothing from you. Your just an old man who’s running out of time.

I then flew in the air as if I had wings, to land on a field where men are dying. The sounds of musket fire and the cannon's roar knocked me sideways and I fell on all fours.

A man walked up to me

 I walked among the dead, the crippled, and the dying, to ask a wounded man why he was fighting, and he said to me, “nobody knows anymore. Take me out of this terrible place, my body is tired and worn.” The young man died in my arms as I held him tight. I laid him down gently as the battle raged on. To my surprise, he sat straight up and spoke, “Words from the future, words from the past, turn around softly we’re dying too fast.” He then settled back, and I took to the air, how strange these words be when they appear.  

Below me now a city all bombed and ruined, a thin fragile nurse I spy to see what she’s doin. Triaging the injured, the ailing, and more, where some lost a limb from bombs exploding and others bleeding profusely from wounds left unattended. “Oh my,” she said to me, “I have to pick who’s to live and who is to die. I want to save them all I don’t want another to die, but I must pick and choose and I must make it quick, the ones that look like saving I’ll give a green check. I asked how she does this playing god in the streets, “So mothers won’t cry,” said she. Then an intensity came over her mood as if someone else had entered the room. She spoke to me with intent in her eyes, “Look towards the future, not to the past, turn around softly we’re moving too fast.” 

Like a ghost in the night I took flight, I slid not landed I had no control, I bounced one two three onto the floor. There lies a young woman in the late stage of childbirth, with doctors and nurses surrounding her bed. I pushed them aside as if they weren’t there and asked my question as she was puffing air. Why bring a child into this foul world? A baby cried and now it was born, a nice little bundle of joy.

But then the red-faced baby looked me in the eye and spoke these dang words; I’m from the future, not from your past, turn around softly you’re moving way too fast.

Yanked from this maternity scene, back to the forest and into the canyon, to face the man that nobody knows. “What did you find and what did you learn? You didn’t heed my call and so you were shown.”


 Wait until the next time you fall asleep 

And in the end, it was only a dream


Friday 27- 90/69F Home Depot delivered my new washer... now all I have to do is make it rat proof.


I’m caught in a windstorm... with no place to go

I’m running on empty but won’t let you go 

I’m holding you tightly as the world spins by

We’ll be friends forever to the ends of time

I might appear hungry, only heaven knows

My thirst for love always grows  


“Set my heart on fire, you’re my one desire” already been done :(



Novelty, complexity, and unpredictability I need more of these in my life


Saturday 28- 94/64F 

Sunday 29- 91/63F Going to Kjtel's for dinner with her brother who is visiting from LA. Ingred showed up and we had a wonderful steak dinner and bones for all the dogs. 

We then watched the Celtics win the playoffs by scoring 100 to the Heat’s 96. The Celtics are on their way to meet the Golden State Warriors on June 2nd at 6pm.



Monday 30 Memorial Day- 88/58F 


I have so many I knew from my time in the US Army who went to Vietnam and didn't come back. I know many more who died later from PDST; I honor those soldiers too on Memorial Day ❤

I was spit upon arriving at LAX in uniform and called a baby killer and called a murderer... had my service ribbons ripped off my uniform we had to travel in. Nowadays you need not travel in uniform. Very scary to be mobbed like that at an airport. I still feel that anguish to this day and avoid large crowds (it kinda sticks to you throughout the years).


Hi Ivy,

As you are doing, I am spending less time on FB trying to slow the dang hate and frustration hitting my brain from both ends. Pandemic, the war in Ukraine, politics, the lies... 

I needed to get my own stuff done instead of worrying about all that. I'm getting back to writing my poetry and stories; life is not FaceBook, nor is the news media with their bias reporting, or me trying to answer every funny meme that folks post. Life is being able to put your own thoughts, family, and friends first.

I hope to see you on FB once in a while- life goes on and I want to be part of it.


Tuesday 31- 90/65F From what I experienced last night the meteor shower arrived early and the apparent radiant was more to the south in the constellation of Vergo, not near Arcturus, where the meteors were coming down in spurts of 5 to 10 and then mostly stopped before 10 PM, except for a few here and there like you would see in the Geminids. I stayed outside until 1:30 AM. The meteors themselves look a very bright white zipping across the sky. Maybe next year Astronomers will have this meteor shower pinned down more precisely.



April 2022 


Friday 01- 84/57F 


Saturday 02- 84/58F 


Sunday 03- 83/52F 


Monday 04- 87/61F 


Tuesday 05- 82/61F doc’s appointment, drop Kelly off at Vons, pick up dog


Wednesday 06- 85/56F 



Thursday 07- 87/58F 


Friday 08- 92/62F 


Saturday 09- 94/61F 


Sunday 10- 83/54F 


Monday 11- 83/46F high winds. 


Tuesday 12- 64/43F 


Wednesday 13- 74/47F 


Thursday 14- 81/52F 


Friday 15- 82/55F 


Saturday 16- 83/55F windy jogged a mile


Sunday 17- 89/58F 


Monday 18- 94/65F 



Tuesday 19- 87/55F 


I miss Robin Williams... he made the world laugh and that's a rare talent


Wednesday 20- 84/54F 


Thursday 21- 83/55F 


Friday 22- 79/51F 


Saturday 23- 77/53F 


Sunday 24- 80/54F you are as young now as you’re ever going to be


Monday 25- 86/59F 


Tuesday 26- 92/59F 


Wednesday 27- 88/56F 


If the whole world’s hope for survival rests on decisions made by a sociopath and a bumbling old fool... We’re all in deep shit!


“William Pfeifer,

Right-wingers keep complaining about "censorship". But is it really censorship when people are stopped from continuously spreading blatant lies, designed solely to generate hatred and discord? Or obvious fake theories that cost thousands of gullible people their lives?

Every "free speech" venue that has been tried so far has been taken over by the haters, the kooks, the loud bigots, and the idiots, while decent, rational people walked away. Will this happen to Twitter”


William Pfeifer, I guess you're one of those people who see "censorship" as being acceptable as long as it's not your side who is getting censored. Who decides what is fake news or not? Why would anyone want to create an environment where our wonderful nation is divided because of censorship?

It really looks to me like you're the one filled with hatred and bigotry just by reading the words in your comment.

Let the people decide! Ban censorship!



Thursday 28- 84/56F 


Friday 29- 85/58F 


Saturday 30- 89/57F 



******


March 2022 


Tuesday 01- 82/47F 


Wednesday 02- 84/50F store


Thursday 03- 79/47F was a very nice day until high winds and clouds swept in to chill the day.

I completed all my morning, evening, and night exercises for the day. I’m starting out with lite weights and fewer reps because my shoulder is still hurting after I twisted it


Friday 04- 66/44F 


Saturday 05- 58/37F high winds with rain and cold temps made going outside a challenge. 


Sunday 06- 63/40F 


Monday 07- 61/37F 


Tuesday 08- 61/41F 


Wednesday 09- 73/48F nice day with a light breeze. 



Thursday 10- 61/39F windy 


Friday 11- 65/40F 


Saturday 12- 69/ 39F very nice day!


Sunday 13- 80/48F very windy! 


Monday 14- 78/47F 


Tuesday 15- 83/56F 


Wednesday- 77/51F 


Thursday 17- 80/51F 



Friday 18- 78/52F went to JT to the pharmacy 


Saturday 19- 78/50F very windy day and it looks like tomorrow will be the same. I did my stretches and worked out on the weight bench.


Sunday 20- 78/49F windy I did my stretches.


Monday 21- 76/54F windy I did my stretches.


Tuesday 22- 80/50F windy I did my stretches and exercised on the weight bench.


Wednesday 23- 80/52F nice day. 


Thursday 24- 86/56F very nice day.

I just came inside from the clearest, most beautiful dark I've seen in a long time. No wind, no clouds, just clear shiny stars🌟peacefully hanging in the vast heavens above. I had the binoculars out and kicked back on that so-called gravity chair to gaze out into the vast unknown  ♾ 

It's time for stargazing again🔭


Friday 25- 90/52F windy



Saturday 26- 90/55F 

David and Inez 


Sunday 27- 86/50F windy. Kjtel Charles 

Not lecturing anyone, just saying how I feel, and I'll probably catch hell for saying this in my own way:

Some folks say not to judge people...

But, I judge people by their actions and words, not by what they look like, their net worth, or by their political affiliations: no bigots, allowed in my circle of life. If they are bad, mean, lie, and con people I don't need them, period. Life is too short for me to deal with these kinds of folks and we all should cut ties with these individual, just let them go their own way down a long road littered with lies, deceit, and broken promises.

We all judge people... it's called survival, it's built into our DNA (should I pet the pretty tiger or run?) People saying they don't judge leaves me kinda wondering about their honesty. It's the real world I'm talking about and not some fantasy world, or the almost perfect world most people, even I, strive for.

Remember: Poor judgment on a person's character (being deceive) and including them in your life circle can also affect your friends, too, sometimes in a bad way.

Don't even worry or feel bad about judging; people will either demonstrate their sincerity and be worth your time or not as you prove your own sincerity to them, but you're the Judge to let them into your circle of life with your friends.❤

~RD


Monday 28- 74/49F wind a bit of rain in the evening.

Kjtel dinner.


Tuesday 29- 73/52F early morning rain with winds throughout the day. 

Kjtel walk


Wednesday 30- 79/52F 




**********************************


February 2022


Tuesday 01- 60/38F overcast and chilly all day long. Kelly’s kitty Orion passed away this evening.


Wednesday 02- 52/31F 


Thursday 03- 57/31F 



Friday 04- 59/32F 



Saturday 05- 63/38F 



Sunday 06- 69/39F 



Monday 07- 68/41F 



Tuesday 08- 74/47F 



Wednesday 09- 75/51F nice and sunny. I jogged a mile with Cassie.



Thursday 10- 71/53F 



Friday 11- 80/49F 


 

Saturday 12- 78/44F 


Sunday 13- 77/47F 


Monday 14- 80/48F I did my stretches, worked out on the weight bench, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

I did my evening and night exercises.


Tuesday 15- 52/38F I did my stretches, worked out on the weight bench, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

I did my evening and night exercises.


Wednesday 16- 67/43F a bit of rain during the early morning hours. 


Thursday 17- 64/38F 


Friday 18- 70/42F I did my stretches, worked out on the weight bench, and jogged a mile with Cassie.


Saturday 19- 73/42F windy. I did my stretches, worked out on the weight bench, and jogged a mile with Cassie.


Sunday 20- 70/43F more wind.


Monday 21- 61/37F with lots of wind! 

Tuesday 22- 69/36F meds propane 


Wednesday 23- 52/31F windy


Thursday 24- 49/25F windy 


Friday 25- 61/36F windy 


Saturday 26- 62/34F windy


Sunday 27- 68/44F windy


Monday 28- 71/47F sunny with a nice breeze. I did my stretches, core trainer, and lifted weights on the bench.





January 2022  


Saturday 01- 47/21F 

I did my yearly run up the hill in front of my house and run out the old year and run down the hill into the new. This year it was really windy and cold but I did video my run here on Youtube: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXjp6UYkCDQ

It was mighty cold last night!

I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, a few minutes of yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.



Sunday 02- 52/28F I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, a few minutes of yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.



Monday 03- 58/33F I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, a few minutes of yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.



to make a long story short... I found the balloons in the bushes and took them out. One balloon was holding all of them down, so I cut it out and was going to tie it on Cassie but they slipped out of my hand, and couldn't reach them in time... :)


Tuesday 04- 61/38F I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, a few minutes of yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.



Wednesday 05- 70/38F I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, a few minutes of yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.



Remember to use those plastic trash barrows from Sherry for composting

Thursday 06- 71/38F


Friday 07- 68/41F I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, a few minutes of yoga, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

I went to Home Depot to get some wood and other building materials to help finish the jobs I am working on.



Saturday 08- 66/38F windy day. Sick...


Sunday 09- 66/37F Sick...


Monday 10- 63/38F Sick...



Tuesday 11- 66/39F Sick...


Wednesday 12- 71/44F Sick...



Thursday 13- 70/41F Sick...



Friday 14- 68/41F Sick...



Saturday 15- 63/40F I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

David, Kjtel, Irma 


Sunday 16- 68/44F cloudy all day. I did my stretches, weight bench, core trainer, and jogged a mile with Cassie.

I did my evening and night exercises.


Monday 17- 69/46F cloudy and rained a teenie tiny bit in the evening hours.


Tuesday 18- 70/44F 


Wednesday 19- 68/43F a bit breezy. 

Gone down to JT to Rocky’s to get our prescriptions filled. Waited for about 2 hrs. Took Cassie along. We walked around some. She got stuck by a bunch of chollas needles in her left back paw I had to dig out. Got stuck a number of times getting them all out of her.

While I was waiting I had the chance to talk to a few folks who wandered into little Star Pharmacy.   


Thursday 20- 67/38F 



Friday 21- 65/45F lots of wind 


Saturday 22- 59/42F with more high winds.


Sunday 23- 66/41F a bit windy with clouds. I did my core trainer, 125 crunches, and weight bench.





Monday 24- 71/41F 



Tuesday 25- 67/37F 


Wednesday 26- 61/35F 


Thursday 27- 65/33F 


Friday 28- 61/34F 



Saturday 29- 63/39F 


Sunday 30- 70/38F 



Monday 31- 68/36F I did a mile jog with Cassie. 


BackInTheDay 

BITD


Ability: 


The human capacity for change is only limited by our imagination, and by our governments and large corporations who try to control that change. Only in the deepest of turmoils do we realize the unstable grounds of civilization on which we stand and hope there is still time left for change.

~RD




Subjugation of our rights




May your words and deeds live on beyond the dust of your mortal bones and flesh. May the swift winds of change pass you by. 

or

May the swift winds of change sweep you up into its arms and carry you away.....


Let the storm’s ferocity ... fill your sails... be the wind in your sails used to carry you on your boundless journeys. 

Canvas 


There are no maps or charts to places unknown... there are no instruction manuels for what hasn’t been invented...  

there are no goals to be accomplish until they are dreamed.

  lucid dreams



People don’t like change.


No comments:

Post a Comment